Stand Pat!

Peace21

Why are we so anxious to trade? We dont need to trade our major pieces that are helping us now and that could continue to help us. Im talking about the Sherriill's and the Scotts and Huffs. We need to let them finish out this season with the chance to earn a winning record or .500. If people here want players like Mark Teixera you need to have some sort of sign or consistency and winning. Keeping these guys around for awhile is going to help in the long run.

I am sorry guys but all this " Stand pat and win now" talk is easily more ridiculous than the "Trade every except Nicky, Jonesy, and Gutsy" talk. Do you guys really think we can compete...rather finish over .500 with these guys and this pitching staff? Now, don't get me wrong I love my O's, but what happened to "rebuilding"???

This team wasn't supposed to win 60 games in the beginning of the season so why are some saying that we have a chance this year so we should pick up some good ,young players while we have the chance.

Just because we have gotten lucky and have tasted victory dosen't mean we should revert to our old ways. In my opinion McP should follow Billy Beane's example and rape some teams of their prospects. Just like he did to Seattle;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you can keep on waiting, because these days there's zero point in trying to reason with you.

I don't know what happened, but you've become increasingly dogmatic and intolerant of well-reasoned opinions.

And your idea of "rebuttal" seems kind of curious too. Rebuttal does not mean just repeating yourself without responding to any valid points that others make. So, I'm not interested in playing this new and far-less-reasonable game you've invented. And if you wanna say that somehow "proves" something, go right ahead...

See, it seems to me (and probably far more people then would see it your way) that the exact opposite is true.

I won't speculate on what others feel about my opinions and arguments, but you never seem to offer any answers on your own. You just argue against whatever is being discussed, and become defensive and attack others when you are asked to explain yourself.

This is a discussion board, and even though questioning the popular point-of-view is a valuable tool in creating discussion, constantly doing it without offering your own valid responses and attacking anyone who questions you is trolling, pure and simple.

Now, if you agree or disagree with what I said in my explanation of my feelings posted earlier, I hope you will discontinue your usual games and respond in kind. If you are not willing to do so, you only harm yourself. Not solely because of not responding to me, but because it is a continuation of a pattern that has pissed off many people around here.

I hope you will consider this as a simple suggestion.

Thank you.

Archived