Stand Pat!

Peace21

I remember back during the Toronto series when Johnson had a couple bad games, people here were ready to DFA him.

You're joking, right?

Three morons want to drop him after a bad series and you are extrapolating that to the whole board? Seriously?

It's bad enough you tried to put words in my mouth, but 6,000 people?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you know that the guys you are hiring have been declared culinary prodigies and you can hire several for the cost of each of the veteran chefs you already have, then you can make that deal and be OK.

The Top Chef might see an opportunity to train those chefs and build the best restaurant in the country, and if not you are still set-up well with great young chefs to build your restaurant around.

Not to mention he knows that he can command more money because the younger chefs can't ask for the same amount because of their station.

Precisely.

And if he doesn't, we have a closer.

But than my question to this board is...are you convinced that AM can make a legit deadline deal? And will he if the deal is right? Or will it be like the Roberts and Cubs deal, where he was wanting more and the Cubs got irratated.

For Sherrill if we could get even one future every day SS that promises to be the answer for the next decade then we should go for it. But reality is that isnt going to happen. We know the 30 saves are inflated and we see the 4.00 ERA but other GMs are too stupid? How smart we are.

You're joking, right?

Three morons want to drop him after a bad series and you are extrapolating that to the whole board? Seriously?

It's bad enough you tried to put words in my mouth, but 6,000 people?

Just saying.

But than my question to this board is...are you convinced that AM can make a legit deadline deal? And will he if the deal is right? Or will it be like the Roberts and Cubs deal, where he was wanting more and the Cubs got irratated.

Convinced? Never. Not in this game. As close to convinced as you I can be? Yeah, after the return he got for Tejada and Bedard, yeah. I'm sure he won't deal him if he doesn't get what he wants. He doesn't seem like a guy who makes a trade simply to make a trade. I wouldn't worry about that.

The Cubs decided that upgrading to Roberts wasn't worth what the Orioles wanted.

On the other hand, we got two pretty good deals for Tejada and Bedard that have been hailed as essentially robberies, so we do have somewhat of a track record here.

For Sherrill if we could get even one future every day SS that promises to be the answer for the next decade then we should go for it. But reality is that isnt going to happen. We know the 30 saves are inflated and we see the 4.00 ERA but other GMs are too stupid? How smart we are.

Other GM's may not want to use him as the closer, you know. He wasn't a closer before this season. Maybe someone needs a reliable set up man for their closer? I'm sure his ASG performance opened up some eyes, too, lots of heart and grit there.

No, but other fanbases are seduced by those saves. A good clamor can cause a front office on the edge to make a move.

Just look at how many people around here are seduced by those saves.

Other GM's may not want to use him as the closer, you know. He wasn't a closer before this season. Maybe someone needs a reliable set up man for their closer? I'm sure his ASG performance opened up some eyes, too, lots of heart and grit there.

But he didn't get any dirt on his uniform, so that probably docked him some points...:laughlol: ;)

If you know that the guys you are hiring have been declared culinary prodigies and you can hire several for the cost of each of the veteran chefs you already have, then you can make that deal and be OK.

The Top Chef might see an opportunity to train those chefs and build the best restaurant in the country, and if not you are still set-up well with great young chefs to build your restaurant around.

I would agree if the top chef is 24 years old and has time to rebuild this once proud restaurant. But he will be 29 years old and there is no guarentee that these culinary prodigies will really pan out in the next few years. He grew up in this town so he has seen and heard all about this restaurant getting excited about prodigies before only to see them get burnt.

Instead, the good chefs are sitting there performing well. There would be no real reason why that would change.

Again - why would our top chef choose to come to a rebuilding restaurant?

The Cubs decided that upgrading to Roberts wasn't worth what the Orioles wanted.

On the other hand, we got two pretty good deals for Tejada and Bedard that have been hailed as essentially robberies, so we do have somewhat of a track record here.

Yea, but im referring to AM and pulling off a deadline deal.

and I wasnt putting words in your mouth.

Im just saying. Sherrill wanting to be here and pitching well has helped with some of the wins so far this season.

Archived