MLB.com: Mancini the most likely current player to be on O's roster in 2025?

Frobby

MLB.com has an article up singling out the player on each team who is already on the 40-man roster and is most likely to still be with the club in 2025.  

Orioles: Trey Mancini, OF
The toughest call on the board. The Orioles are starting over in every conceivable way, and there will be a lot of turnover here in the next few years. The guess here is Mancini, who is a fan favorite already and could maybe hang around long enough to be a platoon or bench bat in 2025, when he'll be only 32.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/each-mlb-teams-player-to-be-on-roster-in-2025/c-302658870

Who's your candidate?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Frobby said:

MLB.com has an article up singling out the player on each team who is already on the 40-man roster and is most likely to still be with the club in 2025.  

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/each-mlb-teams-player-to-be-on-roster-in-2025/c-302658870

Who's your candidate?

I hope he is not on the team in 2025. 

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I hope he is not on the team in 2025. 

I think it’s really unlikely.    But suppose he becomes a consistent .800+ OPS hitter?   In that case I’d probably be OK with it, depending on how other players have developed.   

I still am relatively optimistic about Mancini, just not as an OF bat. I could see him carve out a solid career as a league average 1B type. The problem with this hypothetical is that we're going out so far out. I think Mancini probably has a spot on a roster in 2025, but with the Orioles? Who knows.

Mancini? That’s a lazy conclusion. I’d be willing to bet he won’t be on the next winning Orioles team. Which is hopefully before 2025 lol

If I had to make a guess, it’d be someone who isn’t quite established at the majors yet but has a promising upside. Stewart, Sisco, Harvey, Rogers, Tate? I know Mountcastle isn’t on the 40 man but I’d include him in the possibilities if he was. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

How often do star players sign extensions with their current teams? I don't see the Orioles pulling out the checkbook for Mancini. I would have to go with Hunter Harvey, who is on the 40 man but doesn't have any service time yet.

Are you suggesting that Mancini is a star player?

I think Cal and Brady were the only 1988 Orioles also on the 1995 Orioles.  Although Leo Gomez, Arthur Rhodes and maybe one or two others were in the minors in '88 and Chris Hoiles was acquired for Fred Lynn on August 31st, 1988 but didn't appear in the majors until '89. 

The 2018 Orioles had less talent than the '88 team.  There's no Cal.  I'm with NCRaven, my vote is for no one.

Archived