FanFest Notes and Anecdotes

Obando

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie was as pleasant as I have heard he was (didn't say a word to me or the two people around me that attempted to engage). Good time otherwise, got photos with Ryan Mountcastle and Hunter Harvey at the $5 photo booth (other names that I heard were there were Cody Carroll, Chance Sisco and Pedro Araujo). I failed miserably in both attempts at the claw machine, there was a ball with suite tickets sitting up pretty on my first attempt and I didn't line it up right. Fun giveaways from the minor league affiliates, Shorebirds were giving away balls and vouchers for two free tickets, Tides gave away a beach bag, Keys gave away a hat, nothing from the Baysox.

16 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Apparently 8,000 people showed up for this, per MASN tweet.

That's quite a drop.  This was from a 2017 article

An estimated crowd of more than 15,000 fans filled the Baltimore Convention Center on Saturday, surpassing last year's attendance by more than 3,500, marking the fourth FanFest crowd of at least 15,000 fans in the past five offseasons.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-fanfest-2017-0129-20170128-story.html

30 minutes ago, cman.dc said:

Hays looks lean and muscular - seems ready to go.

Alright!!!!   I've been waiting for one of these.

In the past week we have completed a coaching staff, announced the 58 guys who are going to camp, and had Fanfest.   And Hays looks like he's in good shape.

Looks like we might actually be fielding a team this year!

The giveaway line was long as usual.They used to have two giveaway stations a few years back and the lines were not an hour or longer long.Seemed to have much less companies at Fanfest.Used to have Geico,Southwest and many others.Got the Gardrn Gnome the Buckster hated.Played bingo for a little whle.Picture with Sisco.Nice in person. Chris Davis got a big cheer when introduced at one of the conferences 

58 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Alright!!!!   I've been waiting for one of these.

In the past week we have completed a coaching staff, announced the 58 guys who are going to camp, and had Fanfest.   And Hays looks like he's in good shape.

Looks like we might actually be fielding a team this year!

Dx3YabMUcAA_xQU.jpg

Plus Hyde said that Yusniel Diaz is a "big-time prospect"!

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/01/early-notes-and-quotes-from-elias-and-hyde.html

Archived