Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

I don't often feel bad for pro athletes, but I do feel bad for him.  Seems like a good guy.

As evidenced by breaking his bat over his leg tonight, he's not happy about not being able to produce.  I don't think anyone likes to struggle at their job no matter what their profession is, especially when you were once great at it.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't often feel bad for pro athletes, but I do feel bad for him.  Seems like a good guy.

As evidenced by breaking his bat over his leg tonight, he's not happy about not being able to produce.  I don't think anyone likes to struggle at their job no matter what their profession is, especially when you were once great at it.  

What was that bunt thingy? Quasi bunt? Rolls eyes.,

Thanks Buck & Peter. Glad we kept Davis over Manny, genius.

Would he even get a major league deal with a team right now? 

I like Chris but he’s unplayable.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Davis is trying, he just can’t hit velocity anymore. He’s probably best off cheating and starting his swing early to get on time for a FB and hope to run into something.

Yup, he’s a cheater. Or, could be....

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've known folks who seemed to take pride in doing a half-assed job at work.

Not that I think Davis doesn't care.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree with you. Now I try to have a little empathy for those that struggle. Even pro athletes. To be honest I wish he wasn't on the team.

Pedro Alvarez at DH and Mancini at first looks like a much better option than playing Davis right now. Unfortunately we will get Trumbo back soon and Pedro will probably end up on another team. Pedro would almost certainly have out hit Davis last year. 

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Pedro Alvarez at DH and Mancini at first looks like a much better option than playing Davis right now. Unfortunately we will get Trumbo back soon and Pedro will probably end up on another team. Pedro would almost certainly have out hit Davis last year. 

Why do you think Pedro will end up on another team (other then Norfolk I assume)?