Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

5 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

He's bad at baseball which is a real problem since the Orioles pay him to play baseball.

I feel like if he was bad at baseball but he was an usher this would all be OK.

Or as a fan you ask Davis to help you to your seat and he stands there frozen for five minutes, and finally you decide to seat yourself.

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, Frobby said:

The interesting thing about Ventura being on this list of hitless PA's is that he still holds the NCAA D-1 record for most consecutive  games with a hit (58 games.)

On 4/7/2019 at 6:06 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Mildly reminiscent of the fact that the University of Virginia basketball team is playing in the national championship game one year after an embarrassing, history-making loss to 16-seed Maryland-Baltimore County.

o

o

Virginia has completed the 180, defeating Texas Tech to win the National Championship ........ now, Davis can follow suit at the plate. 

o

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Davis will probably get a hit in his next game.  He's hitting line drives now, even if they are relatively weak.  One is bound to drop in soon.

You realize we are talking about a HIT. A single, lone hit. Saying "he is due one of these days!" shows just how far he has fallen. He isn't a ML player and hasn't been for far longer than any other team would put up with it, owed XXm or not. 

He needs to be benched, brought back after some time off to give one more chance, and then put out to pasture. We are at the point of no return. The money is a sunk cost, it doesn't matter anymore if it ever did. 

22 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

You realize we are talking about a HIT. A single, lone hit. Saying "he is due one of these days!" shows just how far he has fallen. He isn't a ML player and hasn't been for far longer than any other team would put up with it, owed XXm or not. 

He needs to be benched, brought back after some time off to give one more chance, and then put out to pasture. We are at the point of no return. The money is a sunk cost, it doesn't matter anymore if it ever did. 

I know a lot of fans here were hoping he would be so embarrassed by how he is playing he would want to quit.  Davis seems to be determined to show up for all 7 years of his contract.  I could see him batting around .100 this season (hopefully in limited action) and showing up ready to play a full season next spring.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I know a lot of fans here were hoping he would be so embarrassed by how he is playing he would want to quit.  Davis seems to be determined to show up for all 7 years of his contract.  I could see him batting around .100 this season (hopefully in limited action) and showing up ready to play a full season next spring.

Well Davis will hit .100 if he doesn’t start getting any hits soon. I just want know when does Elias tell the Angelos brothers enough is enough and Davis can’t be on the 25 man roster. 

Is there an already agreed upon plan? 

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well Davis will hit .100 if he doesn’t start getting any hits soon. I just want know when does Elias tell the Angelos brothers enough is enough and Davis can’t be on the 25 man roster. 

Is there an already agreed upon plan? 

Currently 0 for 28, Davis would only have to go 10 for 72 (.139) to reach .100 at 100 At-bats or 16 for 72 (.222) to reach .160. I think the latter is somewhere close to his upper limit, but would probably gain him more playing time.

4 minutes ago, $Greatness$ said:

I wonder what the underlying issue is with Davis? Is he still using adderall? Or did they give him something else to use? This is really sad to watch because of how great he used to be. 

Reflexes have slowed, poor fundamentals in his batting stance and swing, mentally he is a mess, and possible effects from taking or not taking certain medications.