Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

On 7/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, atomic said:

I never thought just because a guy didn't strike out in 2 of his last 4 games that someone would think it was a positive.  I guess with Chris Davis the bar is so low.  

We grade Davis on a curve, and even he can't hack it. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Thato'sfan said:

It seems as if Davis has been making better contact since being benched. His batting average doesn't reflect it, but sometimes the ball just won't fall in for a hit. His babip is well below league average since being benched, lower than prior to being benched. I wouldn't be surprised if he improved a decent amount in the remaining part of the season. To be fair, the contract is still terrible and he definitely won't be winning any awards. Couldn't find the hard hit percentage-I would assume it is higher-in case anybody knows where to find that...

Better contact but its not showing up in his statistics other than the few HR's he hit. His .218 OBP is lower than when he was first benched. 

o

(vs. TWINS, 7/07)

NUMBER 8

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

Chris Davis 2.0 (starting his clock after his benching ended on June 22) now has a nearly .700 OPS.

He's hitting .180 / .239 / .459  since then.   Still pretty bad............but not earth shattering historic levels of bad!

12 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Chris Davis 2.0 (starting his clock after his benching ended on June 22) now has a nearly .700 OPS.

He's hitting .180 / .239 / .459  since then.   Still pretty bad............but not earth shattering historic levels of bad!

He has raised his WAR to -2.0.  

Archived