Orioles Sign Alicides Escobar to MiL Deal

Rene88

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

If Mountcastle's arm is bad for 3B, it must be terrible for SS.  Unless they're gonna move whoever's at 3rd to SS and give it to Mountcastle.  

Should be interesting...kinda...maybe.

And yes, from what I read Mountcastle's arm was so bad at SS that he failed at times to make even routine plays.

2 minutes ago, section18 said:

I wasn't implying Escobar would return to 30+ stolen bases. If double digits in the 15-20 range he will help us. Plus his veteran leadership will help the young infielders..

Fifteen to twenty stolen bases isn't going to make a difference.  As to leadership...maybe?  Just because a guy is veteran doesn't make him a leader.  I have no idea what type of leadership skills Escobar has.

More than anything I want the analytics movement to quantify veteranocity—how many wins are you worth just cause you made it past arbitration contract status. And does Esky’s 5700 career plate appearances matter for leadership when we already have Davis with 5200 and Trumbo with 4400. Are there veteran diminishing returns? What about Crash Davis’s supreme veteranocity vs only 21 days MLB experience? I tend to think it’s all mostly nonsense but sure I could be wrong. 

20 minutes ago, makoman said:

More than anything I want the analytics movement to quantify veteranocity—how many wins are you worth just cause you made it past arbitration contract status. And does Esky’s 5700 career plate appearances matter for leadership when we already have Davis with 5200 and Trumbo with 4400. Are there veteran diminishing returns? What about Crash Davis’s supreme veteranocity vs only 21 days MLB experience? I tend to think it’s all mostly nonsense but sure I could be wrong. 

Calling Davis ‘Crash’ is an insult to Costner’s character in Bull Durham.

9 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Calling Davis ‘Crash’ is an insult to Costner’s character in Bull Durham.

Since I said 21 days of MLB experience I was obviously referring to Costner’s character in that sentence “the 21 greatest days” of his life. 

Archived