Can Harvey make the team?

HowAboutThat

Anybody catch this quote in the Sun from yesterday:

It's nice — they're kind of letting me be me," Harvey, 24, said. "I've been babied the last couple of years with everything I've been allowed to do, so being able to just go out there and be normal — they're letting me throw what I feel like I'm best with. That's really nice."

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Anybody catch this quote in the Sun from yesterday:

I don't think it is the best look for him to say he has been babied the past couple years and have been injured as often as he was.  That being said I am optimistic that his velocity is up where it is after that shoulder injury last year.  If he can put it together this year and stay healthy I can't think of a bigger boost to our farm system and near future contributors. 

12 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I don't think it is the best look for him to say he has been babied the past couple years and have been injured as often as he was.  That being said I am optimistic that his velocity is up where it is after that shoulder injury last year.  If he can put it together this year and stay healthy I can't think of a bigger boost to our farm system and near future contributors. 

Right, if every time you throw it hurts I'm not sure what else the team is supposed to do.

13 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

One injury was a funk injury in the dugout and ducking to keep from getting hit.

They also did not let him to throw the splitter, either.

I can see both sides of this. You want to be cautious with your future SP.

But, at the same time, you got old school guys saying the guys just need to pitch through their issues.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

One injury was a funk injury in the dugout and ducking to keep from getting hit.

They also did not let him to throw the splitter, either.

I can see both sides of this. You want to be cautious with your future SP.

But, at the same time, you got old school guys saying the guys just need to pitch through their issues.

Didn't pitching through his issues almost end Palmer's career at 22?

6 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head but over the years I just remember feeling like the orioles bring their pitchers up more slowly thru the system than other clubs.

Maybe in recent years.    

Archived