Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I was proposing that deal a few days ago. Noticed Happ got pulled today early so I wonder if something is going down.

I don't think the Dodgers want to trade DeJesus so that could be a deal killer.

We should just trade Bradford and cash for Laroche and be done with Colleti, et al.

That would be so awesome!

Your 2009 Orioles:

C Weiters

1B R. Hernandez

2B Utley

3B Laroche

SS Fahey

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Scott

DH Roberts

SP1 Guthrie

SP2 Cabrera

SP3 Free Agent

SP4 Hamels

SP5 Olson

Penn: Ray, Bierd, Sarfate, Johnson, Walker,

I'd go to war with that team!

Happ is probably more highly regarded than Carrasco, so a Donald and Carrasco trade for Sherrill is still possible...

No he's not...The Phillies view Carrasco as their #1 guy..so does BA.

Gammons just mentioned that the Indians got a better deal for Blake because they paid all of his remaining salary.

I wonder if we offer to pay most or all of Bradford's salary if we could get LaRoche for him(or take back Nomar if they want to part with him because of their SS situation..could send them Cintron back).

Be pretty nice to end up with Donald, Happ and LaRoche.

That would be so awesome!

Your 2009 Orioles:

C Weiters

1B R. Hernandez

2B Utley

3B Laroche

SS Fahey

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Scott

DH Roberts

SP1 Guthrie

SP2 Cabrera

SP3 Free Agent

SP4 Hamels

SP5 Olson

Penn: Ray, Bierd, Sarfate, Johnson, Walker,

I'd go to war with that team!

I'm starting ot think you're not kidding about Sherrill ofr Utley and Hamels.

Whats your opinion on Savery and Outman?

Savery could have gone earlier than 19th last year in the draft -- he has legit front-end stuff. I don't see him being included as a third player, and I am skeptical that he'd even be available for Sherrill.

He's been more hittable than I'd expect at HiA Clearwater and he's walked more than you'd like to see out of a top prospect from a solid NCAA program, but I'd imagine that has more to do with falling out of his mechanics than anything else (this was his problem his last year at Rice, as well). I know we applaud Jordan for nabbing Arrieta despite a disappointing season at TCU, but I think Savery is a different case. He has the makings of three above-average pitches but can't for the life of him seem to piece together his motion on a consistent basis since his surgery.

I'm probably overreacting, but I'd stay away from him in a trade. Sort of like Clement when people were discussing him for Bedard, I think the asking price will likely excede the value of the player he'll be in three years. Of course, now that I'm on the record he'll piece it all together at Reading next year and make his pro debut by September '09 -- probably with a no-hitter against the Mets...

EDIT -- To be clear I have not seen Savery throw this year so I am just speculating as to his falling out of his mechanics.

I'm starting ot think you're not kidding about Sherrill ofr Utley and Hamels.

I hope he is kidding. I really do, but its hard to tell.

Would you guys still do Donald and Bastardo? or Donald and Savery if Happ finds his way into their rotation?

I would.

When Utley gets here, he'll make you think twice about shenanigans like this.

He's almost singlehandedly reformed message board etiquette in Philly through useful public service radio-spots.

OK man I'm sorry I didn't relize you're so sensitive, and when Utley gets here (snorts) sorry that's just funny. I'll make sure I listen to his message board etiquette speechs.:D

I'm guessing that we've made a trade with the Phillies. Sherrill for Happ and Donald.

Happ was not pulled in the third inning of his game today so he could replace Eaton in the Phillies rotation. Eaton has already been replaced in the rotation by Myers. Eaton appeared in relief the other day. I believe Eaton was called into the managers office because he will be sent down or DFA, but not to make room for Happ - it is to make room for Sherrill.

It makes sense, and since the Phillies already have Hamels, Blanton, Moyer, Kendrick, and Myers, there's no room in that rotation for Happ, so he's definitely going somewhere.

If I'm right, I would be very happy with Donald and Happ for Sherrill.

I'm guessing that we've made a trade with the Phillies. Sherrill for Happ and Donald.

Happ was not pulled in the third inning of his game today so he could replace Eaton in the Phillies rotation. Eaton has already been replaced in the rotation by Myers. Eaton appeared in relief the other day. I believe Eaton was called into the managers office because he will be sent down or DFA, but not to make room for Happ - it is to make room for Sherrill.

It makes sense, and since the Phillies already have Hamels, Blanton, Moyer, Kendrick, and Myers, there's no room in that rotation for Happ, so he's definitely going somewhere.

If I'm right, I would be very happy with Donald and Happ for Sherrill.

Eaton is probably going down and Happ is replacing him on the roster but will likely work out of the bullpen IMO. I imagine they'll test him out there and if he succeeds, then they won't need to trade for Sherrill or any other LH reliever.

If they could get Mike Jacobs, I'd be very happy. He hit two home runs today, and while his average isn't great, the power potential and his salary ($400,000) is attractive. With a short porch in right field and Jacobs' left handed bat, he could put up 35 bombs in a season.

If we replaced Huff and Millar with Jacobs and Tex and leave Scott in left, or were able to move Mora or bench him and leave Huff at third, I'd be happy with the power we'd have in the order.

I don't care for Jacobs because he has a .282 OBP which is obviously brutal. Last year it was .317. He's 27, so it's not like we should be expecting much improvement either. I'd rather roll the dice on a younger guy or two with good potential.

Eaton is probably going down and Happ is replacing him on the roster but will likely work out of the bullpen IMO. I imagine they'll test him out there and if he succeeds, then they won't need to trade for Sherrill or any other LH reliever.

There isn't a tone of time for this "test drive" is there? By the time they know it'll be too late. (I.e., unlike you, with your lightning-quick conclusions, they won't draw their conclusions on one game. ;) )

Archived