Carolina League Prospects

POR

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't include a player that isn't currently under team control.

Then in your blog on Carolina League prospects, don’t include him. Lol, don’t have to be a d*ck.

Nice writeup POR, thanks for sharing. I was a little disappointed that we’re starting Reyes in Frederick again. I guess I had hoped that his success at the end of last season could revitalize his career. Still possible, but would’ve liked to see us challenge him at Bowie. Oh well, if he hits, he’ll get there soon enough.

2 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Then in your blog on Carolina League prospects, don’t include him. Lol, don’t have to be a d*ck.

Nice writeup POR, thanks for sharing. I was a little disappointed that we’re starting Reyes in Frederick again. I guess I had hoped that his success at the end of last season could revitalize his career. Still possible, but would’ve liked to see us challenge him at Bowie. Oh well, if he hits, he’ll get there soon enough.

Pray tell how was I being overly harsh in my criticism? 

7 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

I’m just sayin.... the poster obviously spends a ton of time on a writeup then shares it here, and the only thing you got is to snipe at him/her about the inclusion of Rutschman.

"Snipe"?

So basically your feelings are hurt on behalf of another poster because I didn't say something nice before I posted a valid criticism?

Got it!

• 1 month later...

21 minutes ago, POR said:

Top 50 prospect ranking for the Carolina League in April includes 4 Orioles.

https://www.carolinaleagueprospects.com/2019/05/aprils-top-47-prospects-in-carolina.html

Thanks for this.   I think it would be helpful to those not that familiar with the league if the list identified, in addition to the player’s Carolina League team, the major league team with which it is affiliated.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks for this.   I think it would be helpful to those not that familiar with the league if the list identified, in addition to the player’s Carolina League team, the major league team with which it is affiliated.    

Good work saying something nice before being critical.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and added the parent club. 

On 3/31/2019 at 7:26 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't include a player that isn't currently under team control.

I would not typically include a player that is not in the organization when I do my previews.

However, the Orioles have the 1st pick.  Adley Rutschman is the consensus top ranked player in the draft.  If he is the pick, It would seem to make sense that he would the last part of the season in Frederick.  Rutschman is also probably a top 25 prospect in baseball and the possibility of him being on the Keys is more exciting than say his old college teammate, Cadyn Grenier or Jean Carlos Encarnacion.