Delmarva Shorebirds 2019

Frobby

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Out of curiosity, why couldn't the Orioles assign DL Hall to the Shorebirds?  Not that I want them to.  But, what prevents a team from doing that.  They could always say that they wanted him to up his innings count.

I've been told there is a rule in place to keep MiLB playoff teams from strengthening their rosters with players from higher levels. I'm not sure the details of the rule or what would happen if you demoted a guy a week before the playoffs, would that be allowed. The Orioles could assign Hall to Bowie though. 

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I've been told there is a rule in place to keep MiLB playoff teams from strengthening their rosters with players from higher levels. I'm not sure the details of the rule or what would happen if you demoted a guy a week before the playoffs, would that be allowed. The Orioles could assign Hall to Bowie though. 

Last time the Baysox were in the playoffs Travis Hafner was on a rehab assignment to single handedly beat them.

9 minutes ago, weams said:

Last time the Baysox were in the playoffs Travis Hafner was on a rehab assignment to single handedly beat them.

Technically, not the last time Bowie was in the playoffs, but that definitely happened.    Whether the purpose was to stack the playoff roster or just to find a place for Hagner to rehab, I don’t know, but either way, the impact was the same.  

12 minutes ago, weams said:

Robinson Cano was rehabbing with Brooklyn to try and help them into the playoffs over the Ironbirds. I guess rehabbing MLB players is kind of the loophole. 

• Upvote 2

I understand that if an injured MLB player needs to rehab and the regular season is over, there isn't much choice but to send him to one of your playoff teams to get those innings or at bats.  Just sucks when it goes against your team.  Too bad Trumbo didn't need some AA rehab time.