Attendance 2019

Frobby

On 5/16/2019 at 12:03 PM, eddie83 said:

I keep forgetting to mention one thing. In the club level you can buy a pepperoni pizza for only $41. 

I had to look at that price about 5 times the other day to see if my eyes were deceiving me. 

The Orioles let you take your own food and drink which is great and there are many cheap food options inside the stadium, that said some of the prices are a joke. I also didn’t see any regular burger and fries in the club level just a Roseda burger and fries for $17. 

I can’t imagine too many pizzas have been sold this year. 

According to the Fan Cost Index (and yes, you can quibble with their methodology) the O's are the 4th-cheapest MLB experience.  About half of what it costs to go to a Cubs or Red Sox game.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a foot-long Dodger Dog and a regular beer cost me $22 or $24 in early April.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Have they promoted this Pepsi package much I saw in the press release?

This ? Don;t think it has started yet. 

Also as part of the partnership, the Orioles will introduce a new Pepsi Bundle ticket package available for every game which includes a game ticket, PepsiCo drink (soda or water), and a soft pretzel starting at just $15. Pepsi Bundles will be available for purchase beginning later this month at Orioles.com/Pepsi.

With a wide variety of sizing and pricing options available at all concessions locations throughout Oriole Park, fans and families from all walks of life can enjoy affordable ballpark fare in a selection of perfect portions for everyone including small-sized PepsiCo sodas (12 oz.), which are available for a reduced price ($1.50).

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/orioles-new-agreement-with-pepsico

And this new promoyion>

Once a month during the 2019 season, 105.7 The Fan listeners can take advantage of 105.7 The Fan Nights at Oriole Park. Tickets for each game are just $10.57 including fees.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/specials/fan-nights

On 5/20/2019 at 10:31 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

According to the Fan Cost Index (and yes, you can quibble with their methodology) the O's are the 4th-cheapest MLB experience.  About half of what it costs to go to a Cubs or Red Sox game.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a foot-long Dodger Dog and a regular beer cost me $22 or $24 in early April.

I practically had to dip into my 401K to get a ticket and a hot dog at Fenway last year. Camden Yards is super affordable and cheaper than going to the movies if you do it right.

About 8,100 last night. Tampa broke their low attendance record yesterday,5,786. Orioles now 28th in the league in average attendance. Only the Floridians are lower. 10 teams averaging less then 20,000 a game. Jays are down over 9,000 a game. But profits from regional and national and online are at record highs. Only three teams were below 20,000 last year. Some teams might pick up a little. But many teams are not good and players that are not draws to see.

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

About 8,100 last night. Tampa broke their low attendance record yesterday,5,786. Orioles now 28th in the league in average attendance. Only the Floridians are lower. 10 teams averaging less then 20,000 a game. Jays are down over 9,000 a game. But profits from regional and national and online are at record highs. Only three teams were below 20,000 last year. Some teams might pick up a little. But many teams are not good and players that are not draws to see.

Tampa low must be paid attendance because I’ve watched plenty of games where there was clearly less than 5,000 fans in the stands at Tropicana. 

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Did you know that the Marlins are something like 43rd in world baseball per game attendance?  It's hard to find up-to-the-minute attendance data on all the foreign leagues, but looking at what I can find the Marlins are behind all 12 teams in the NPB (Japan), Monterrey and Tijuana in the Mexican League, and probably 3-4 Korean teams.  They're out-drawing all the affiliated US minors I looked at, but Vegas, Charlotte, and Round Rock are creeping pretty close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Did you know that the Marlins are something like 43rd in world baseball per game attendance?  It's hard to find up-to-the-minute attendance data on all the foreign leagues, but looking at what I can find the Marlins are behind all 12 teams in the NPB (Japan), Monterrey and Tijuana in the Mexican League, and probably 3-4 Korean teams.  They're out-drawing all the affiliated US minors I looked at, but Vegas, Charlotte, and Round Rock are creeping pretty close.

Something for the Marlins to strive for:

But weather doesn't seem to explain a crowd of 1,158 people at the only domed stadium in the country on Wednesday.

That game set the record for the smallest crowd at the 17,000-seat dome, which opened in 2016. The previous mark had been set Tuesday, when 1,377 people showed up.

Looks like three teams are averaging less in the KBO then the Marlins. 

The phoniest attendance in the minors was the Dayton Dragons. Not sure if they are still claiming sellouts for many years but I was their a few years back and was about 2,500 fans on a weekday.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190411002500315

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Florida is a bad place to put a team, much less two.

Even when they was winning, they were still slacking in attendance.