Attendance 2019

Frobby

46 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Pepsi is always trying hard to get into markets.

People want Coke.

Pepsi has had to purchase food chains and restaurants, as well as made insane deals to get their product carried.

Both are dying brands.  Pepsi is smart to go into other businesses besides high sugar content beverages.  Unless you want to be the next Blockbuster you have to change. 

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Both are dying brands.  Pepsi is smart to go into other businesses besides high sugar content beverages.  Unless you want to be the next Blockbuster you have to change. 

Not remotely true. Coke is still showing a net worth of 171 billion, that was "net" gross.

According to CNBC calculations, a $1,000 investment in Coca-Cola in 2009 would be worth more than $2,800 as of Feb. 15, 2019

Almost ten year investment, brings back an almost triple return.

Doesn't sound much like dying brand.

Coca-Cola Performance. The quarterly dividend announced by Coca-Cola in late April 2018 was 39 cents a share. That represents a yield of about 3.55%, roughly double the average dividend paid by consumer goods stocks

My f-i-l worked for coke and made a lot of money over the years from his coke stock.

48 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not remotely true. Coke is still showing a net worth of 171 billion, that was "net" gross.

Almost ten year investment, brings back an almost triple return.

Doesn't sound much like dying brand.

My f-i-l worked for coke and made a lot of money over the years from his coke stock.

Yeah but it is dying.  Soda consumption in US peaked in 1998 and has been on a downward spiral since then,  People realize that soda is killing them.  Diabetes is about the worst thing you can have.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-are-drinking-less-soda-2016-3

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah but it is dying.  Soda consumption in US peaked in 1998 and has been on a downward spiral since then,  People realize that soda is killing them.  Diabetes is about the worst thing you can have.  

Coke knows this as well.They own Minute Maid,Simply Orange ,Powerade and also bottled water.Have also bought a stake in Honest Tea and is one of the most recognizable names in the world 

26 minutes ago, atomic said:

The average American drinks 40 gallons of soda per year?? Thats one gallon every 9 days, or 14oz per day.

About one can per day. For every person. And we're at an all time low.

6 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

The average American drinks 40 gallons of soda per year?? Thats one gallon every 9 days, or 14oz per day.

About one can per day. For every person. And we're at an all time low.

And I don't drink any.  So someone is drinking 80 gallons of soda a year to make up for me.   MD Diabetes rate is over 10 percent.  Maybe the stadium should just not serve soda. 

15 minutes ago, atomic said:

And I don't drink any.  So someone is drinking 80 gallons of soda a year to make up for me.   MD Diabetes rate is over 10 percent.  Maybe the stadium should just not serve soda. 

Maybe they should double down on a healthier alternative like alcohol :)

11 hours ago, atomic said:

Maybe because no one renewed their season tickets.   Maybe baseball is struggling with attendance because they do things like promo nights that cost more.  

What new benefits did you get?

In previous years, the only worthwhile benefits were the dollar for dollar exchange and season ticket holder appreciation day (which was only 45 minutes of a chance of getting autographs) and opening day tickets. 

This year, they kept all of those, added discounts at most concession stands, added a discount at the team store, added an exclusive bobblehead, added early access on weekends, added an MLB.tv subscription, presale for the theme nights, the ability to purchase the giveaways but most important, a reward ponts program.  Points cna be redeemed for anything from box seats behind home plate, to an Oriole bird appearance, bringing the ball to the mound before the game, player autographs, meet and greet with Eddie Murray, Brooks Robinson and/or Mike Elias, catch on the field, batting practice on the field and a ton of other things.  They really did a good job bringing themselves up to the level of some of the surrounding teams in terms of value. 

31 minutes ago, atomic said:

I gave up drinking soda about 4 years ago.    Used to drink several diet sodas a day.   I switched to water and dropped a lot of weight. Something about the chemistry of diet soda just wasn’t cleansing my system the way water does.  

56 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Coke knows this as well.They own Minute Maid,Simply Orange ,Powerade and also bottled water.

In the year 2100 people will look back at us and get this funny look and shake their heads and wonder what the heck we were thinking.  About a lot of stuff, but surely about bottled water.  "Would you like free water that's nearly 100% safe out of the tap, or essentially an identical product that you can pay 2.50 for?  Oh, I'll take the expensive one!"  This is a bubble that has to burst, right?  This isn't 1780s London, where the tap water was full of human waste and cholera.  If you're not in Flint or maybe South Sudan you're fine.

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In the year 2100 people will look back at us and get this funny look and shake their heads and wonder what the heck we were thinking.  About a lot of stuff, but surely about bottled water.  "Would you like free water that's nearly 100% safe out of the tap, or essentially an identical product that you can pay 2.50 for?  Oh, I'll take the expensive one!"  This is a bubble that has to burst, right?  This isn't 1780s London, where the tap water was full of human waste and cholera.  If you're not in Flint or maybe South Sudan you're fine.

Well some bottle water like Evian is better for you as it has minerals.  the water that Coke and Pepsi sell is filtered tap water. So they remove some of the healthy mineral elements of tap water and then add other chemicals for flavoring. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well some bottle water like Evian is better for you as it has minerals.  the water that Coke and Pepsi sell is filtered tap water. So they remove some of the healthy mineral elements of tap water and then add other chemicals for flavoring. 

It's like 1% better.  People in modern western society aren't generally keeling over because of lack of trace minerals they need to get from Evian.  I'm probably a bad person to talk about this, but I generally think that normal relatively healthy people don't need supplements and diets and vitamins and cleanses and three gallons of water a day and all this fad stuff.  Eat a reasonable diet (and reasonable is a pretty wide set of goal posts) and you're way, way ahead of most of the history of humanity.  You'll be fine, just don't always eat Twinkies and Dr. Pepper as your main meals.