Attendance 2019

Frobby

On 8/10/2019 at 5:25 AM, Frobby said:

Final home game, maybe?    But probably not.    Looking at last year, they drew 32 k against the Yankees on a Saturday in late August, and never passed 30 k again.    They only topped 30 k six times last year, and four times so far this season.    

In 2014, they averaged 30 k a game.    This year they’re at about 17 k.

They have only been above 30,000 fans against the Yankees and Red Sox. Only been above 25,000 twice other then the Yankees and Red Sox. Imagine  the attendance if they only played the Yankees and Red Sox for only six games.

11 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

11,409 on a beautiful Saturday night,  ,best of the season. Friend says maybe 8,000 in the park.Got to be one of the lowest Saturday night crowd at Camden Yards.

I’m here.   Definitely the lowest I’ve seen, by a lot.   Great game, too.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2019 at 5:25 AM, Frobby said:

Final home game, maybe?    But probably not.    Looking at last year, they drew 32 k against the Yankees on a Saturday in late August, and never passed 30 k again.    They only topped 30 k six times last year, and four times so far this season.    

In 2014, they averaged 30 k a game.    This year they’re at about 17 k.

Will they get a game above 20,000? Maybe one or two if lucky Attendance looks like 1 3  million to if lucky 1.36 million.

13 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

I was at the Shorebirds vs my hometown Hagerstown Suns where 3,106 showed up for a Low A baseball doubleheader featuring a Mike Mussina bobble head for the first 1,000 fans (unfortunately I was in the 2,106 who didn’t get one).  Of course game one also had Grayson Rodriquez pitching to Adley Rutchman.  I will stick to attendance in this thread and say that the orange and black dominated the crowd in this Nationals affiliate’s park.   Not sure how long the rebuild will take but there is definitely some excitement for the future out here in the hinterlands.

Hagerstown (from my impression of going up to games 3-4 times a year) is most definitely Orioles country. Even matchups not featuring the shorebirds people seem to turn up in Orioles gear. Stadium is old but I've always found it oddly charming/preferable to Nymeo/Harry Grove in Frederick.

15 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

I was at the Shorebirds vs. my hometown Hagerstown Suns game, where 3,106 showed up for a Regular-A baseball doubleheader featuring a Mike Mussina bobble head for the first 1,000 fans (unfortunately, I was in the 2,106 who didn’t get one.) Of course, Game One also had Grayson Rodriquez pitching to Adley Rutchman. I will stick to attendance in this thread, and say that the Orange-and-Black dominated the crowd in this Nationals affiliates park. I'm not sure how long the rebuild will take, but there is definitely some excitement for the future out here in the hinterlands.

o

You were at that game ???

I wasn't at that game.

You bastard.

o