The dinner time test

Frobby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

tumblr_o3inb1kaVj1raown2o1_250.gif

I don't mind him either.  As long as I don't have to listen to him.  Seems like every game I've watched that he is doing, he is shown shoving food into his mouth.  The looks on Palmer are priceless.

I have actually never watched Hunter on TV, when I watch TV I always seem to get Gary and Jim. But these guys shouldn’t be eating while they’re on the job.

I know some people find Jim Hunter annoying, but I think the other guys are all more so except for Gary. As long as I live I’ll never forget Gary’s call of that first great Manny play against the Rays. That was a great play and it was a great call.

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have actually never watched Hunter on TV, when I watch TV I always seem to get Gary and Jim. But these guys shouldn’t be eating while they’re on the job.

I know some people find Jim Hunter annoying, but I think the other guys are all more so except for Gary. As long as I live I’ll never forget Gary’s call of that first great Manny play against the Rays. That was a great play and it was a great call.

I'd take Hunter over Dempsey and Davis any day of the week. Hell, I'd take Fran Drescher over them, too.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

What is dinner is bland or just doesn't taste good? Does that affect your viewing decision? Maybe wash down some dry meatloaf with another O's whooping?

Happily for me, I’m omnivorous.   It’s very rare that I don’t like a meal.   Plus I only eat a bowl of soup for lunch most days, so by the time dinner arrives they could put dog food in front of me and I’d eat it!

So have they retired Tom Davis from the radio postgame? I do hear him on the pre-recorded radio ads. The ones I've heard were with 105.7's Ken Weinman, whom I like. I guess with Dave Johnson doing the color on some games, he doesn't have his natural foil. 

I do like Kevin Brown. He's no Miller or Angel, but who is? 

The O's will be irreparably buried in last place by the end of April at this rate. The Sux aren't as bad as their record shows but we might be worse than our current record. A whole lot worse.

At this point, I don't even blame the management, coaching or player development. With the amount of optimism and energy they entered the season with, and the overall way Elias and Hyde have managed the club, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a near-.500 team that could threaten to be in 4th place in the AL East, or even attain and hold on to that. That's my impression of how well the team has been managed.

But the players are just worse in every way. They're way worse than we hoped, and even worse than we expected. I just don't think we have a very talented ball club. We have maybe one player -- Mancini -- that another club would be willing to give up real value for. We have zero pitching of ML caliber and the offensive support behind Mancini is inconsistent in the areas that count, like BA, OPS and HR.

Unlike some, I was pumped for the season during spring training. I was pumped for the season during the first week. But the team is showing their true colors now, proving how utterly correct the dismal predictive sabermetrics turned out to be.

We are in a situation where our farm is empty, our ML is empty, our coffers are empty (thanks, Davis), and being in this much of a talent "debt", we're looking at a rebuild that will take another decade-plus. But I'm getting ahead of myself. This season is unequivocally going to suck.

Archived