Zach Jarrett to Bowie

Legend_Of_Joey

6 hours ago, weams said:

Make another post. 

22 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

None taken, because the swing is stiff and muscled and he doesn't find the barrel enough. He rolls over balls he should lift and also collapses and pops up balls he should drive. He has plus raw, but he hits 11 HRs in about 500 PAs as an old for the level guy (between A+/AA). 

I would have to watch some video of him. Sounds like a swing adjustment to me.

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I would have to watch some video of him. Sounds like a swing adjustment to me.

This is from last year, but it really wasn't any different this year. No pop ups in this video, but a few examples of rolling over on pitches. Just not a great swing. 

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

This is from last year, but it really wasn't any different this year. No pop ups in this video, but a few examples of rolling over on pitches. Just not a great swing. 

Thanks. From a quick glance his hands get in front of his swing. In other words his hands and arms are going faster than his body. Looks like he needs to learn how to load up for the swing better{balance}, and keep his hands a little closer to his body.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Thanks. From a quick glance his hands get in front of his swing. In other words his hands and arms are going faster than his body. Looks like he needs to learn how to load up for the swing better{balance}, and keep his hands a little closer to his body.

And he was 24 years old, playing against younger competition this year, so you kind of get why I'm not particularly hopeful about his prospects of being a MLB guy.