O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

4 minutes ago, dbmillertime said:

How would opinions be on the current draftees if Luke-OH had done evaluations showing the selected players as top on his list?  If he had mocked the players that have been selected, would you be more optimistic?  Searching for a glimmer of hope....

I see the thinking with these picks. It's pretty much all about analytics, high exit velocities. It's just hard to get excited about it. They don't wow you from a scouting perspective. 

Edited by Spl51

2 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

I see the thinking with these picks. It's pretty much all about analytics, high exit velocities. It's just hard to get excited about it. They don't wow you from a scouting perspective. 

They certainly have faith in what they are doing. It will be fascinating to see how it all plays out. 

I doubt this is the reason but all these arms will all be a year behind getting any innings in. College bats need less development generally speaking. 

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

By this point you knew the O's weren't going to pick him anyway.

I’m watching ESPN..... The way they explained Wilcox

Example....

Elias :  How much will it take to sign Wilcox here in the 3rd round

Wilcox’s agent: We are looking for 4 million dollars

Elias : We can do that 

Wilcox’s agent : Well don’t pick him because he can just go back to Georgia and has an extra year of eligibility 

Elias : Hangs up and picks someone else