O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm no expert... but I don't think there's going to be very many at all of the $20k signs, for any team. Maybe some college seniors but even they will have another year of eligibility. If I'm a HS senior, $20k is a pittance when you have a full ride to a good school. Get an education and play in some of the best organizations in the country. Plus be kings of the campus and rock stars on the field.

I think that cost of college can be added to the $20K.

Just now, Number5 said:

I think that cost of college can be added to the $20K.

They did say on the ESPN broadcast, and I didn't know this, if they draft a guy with a commit that the price of college is usually included in their contract.

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

They did say on the ESPN broadcast, and I didn't know this, if they draft a guy with a commit that the price of college is usually included in their contract.

Plus $10k per year and PB&J and McDonald's for years!

• 1CLASS RATING
  • 3BPOSITION PROJECTION

06/05/2019 - 2019 Under Armour Showcase: Baseball Factory's National FloridaCoby is an athletic 3B prospect who has tremendous upside on the diamond. In the field, Coby shows efficient footwork and takes good angles to the ball. He gets into a low position and fields the ball with soft hands. He makes a clean exchange and gains momentum well on his throws, allowing him to show off his arm strength (97mph arm velo). At the plate, this RHH shows an advanced approach through a square setup. He is smooth getting back into his load and gets his hands to the ball quickly, leading to great raw power. Overall, Coby is a talented prospect who will be among the top players in his class.

http://members.baseballfactory.com/player/coby/mayo/d4274b0aab114c1e950a6f7938f0c9e5

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Some real nice arms still available.  We're gonna take one right?!

Just finished watching the full presser of Elias last night. And yes he did get squeezed out on a couple arms they wanted before pick #30... He keeps saying highest player on their board. BPA. We'll see.