O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm giving you all a heads up right now.  If we take another outfielder at 74, I will be apoplectic.  And if we take an average middle infielder, I will be slightly less apoplectic.  

Someone DM me and get my family's contact information.  

We need another DH

It seems obvious that Wilcox has made it clear that it will take a considerable over-slot offer to sign him, otherwise he'd have been definitely taken by now.  Red Sox, Rangers, and Dodgers all look to me to have over-slot money available, so if Wilcox is our target, it seems to me that we'd better grab him at 74.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm giving you all a heads up right now.  If we take another outfielder at 74, I will be apoplectic.  And if we take an average middle infielder, I will be slightly less apoplectic.  

Someone DM me and get my family's contact information.  

So you are hoping for a first baseman or catcher?

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Ok, that makes sense.

Actually, it was a competitive balance pick.

They traded for it.

The Dodgers have five picks in these four rounds thanks to their trade with the Twins in February that sent, among others, Kenta Maeda to Minnesota and Brusdar Graterol to Los Angeles. The Dodgers received in that deal Minnesota’s pick in Competitive Balance Round B, the 66th overall selection. That’s slated in between the second and third rounds.

https://www.truebluela.com/mlb-draft/2020/6/11/21276277/mlb-draft-2020-dodgers-picks-second-day-date-time-tv-streaming

• Thanks 1