Austin Hays 2019

Frobby

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point it looks like the Orioles starting CF job in 2020 is just sitting on a platter for this guy if he could just STAY HEALTHY.  Hope he can get healthy and have a good second half so we can start 2020 with an outfield of Mountcastle, Hays, Santander / Diaz.

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

At this point it looks like the Orioles starting CF job in 2020 is just sitting on a platter for this guy if he could just STAY HEALTHY.  Hope he can get healthy and have a good second half so we can start 2020 with an outfield of Mountcastle, Hays, Santander / Diaz.

I think it's a bit early to anoint Mountcastle an outfielder.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, orioles22 said:

Yeah, it looks more like a Norfolk outfield of Hays, Mullins and Diaz to open the 2020 season.

McKenna will be there too. Mullins’ 40 man spot might be in jeopardy. Which I think is hilarious to always mention; because we could DFA 10 of the pitchers on our 40 man and they’d go unclaimed, or who even cares if we lose them?

I just want Hays to be healthy. It’s getting Reimold/Harvey-ish

I saw Hayes' speed Thursday at Durham.  He took off for second on a 3-2 pitch and did a full slide.  The catcher threw despite it being ball four, but neither infielder covered the bag.  Hayes got up, didn't even slow at third and made it home easily before the ball came in.

Archived