Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't understand why you'd want to get rid of Trumbo/Davis, and then trade the most logical person to take their place.

o

That's a pretty good point also, as he is young, cheap, and under team control for multiple years to come (he won't be eligible for free agency until 2023) ........ so, perhaps there is some correlation.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

That's a pretty good point also, as he is young, cheap, and under team control for multiple years to come (he won't be eligible for free agency until 2023.) So, perhaps there is some correlation.

o

lol, it's like we want to trade the one guy that we bitch and whine about never being able to have.  Either you keep a guy who's young, good, cheap and cost controlled because they are that way....or you trade them because they're young, cheap, cost controlled.  At some point you gotta make a decision to keep em.

And if anyone says "OMFG MOUNTCASTLE!!!! WHAT ABOUT MOUNTCASTLE AT FIRST!??!?!?!?!" Please, save it.  Just save it.  This board has long suffered from backup QB syndrome....the guys we have are never good enough and there's always someone waiting in the wings that COULD BE better.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

So you're saying that it bothers him/them in general theory that a solid player such as Mancini may be traded, while lesser (and significantly higher-paid) players such as Davis and Trumbo will likely remain with the team ........ but the reality of the situation is that their fates in the near future of the team have little to do with each other.

That sounds mildly reminiscent of somebody complaining, "They can put a man on the moon, but they can't find a way to improve this rush-hour traffic that I'm always in !!!"

o

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

LOL, it's like we want to trade the one guy that we bitch and whine about never being able to have. Either you keep a guy who's young, good, cheap and cost controlled because they are that way....or you trade them because they're young, cheap, cost controlled.  At some point you gotta make a decision to keep em.

And if anyone says "OMFG MOUNTCASTLE!!!! WHAT ABOUT MOUNTCASTLE AT FIRST!??!?!?!?!" Please, save it.  Just save it.  This board has long suffered from backup QB syndrome ........ the guys we have are never good enough and there's always someone waiting in the wings that COULD BE better.  

o

I don't want to trade Mancini ........ I generally like keeping the young, talented players that have already shown that they can be proficient in the Majors, regardless of whether or not the team is in a rebuild, as those young, talented players could very well be a big part of the future. Prospects that we trade for may or may not pan out ........ a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

As you probably know from my general posting patterns, I'm largely not in the "bitch and moan" crowd ........ I'm pointing out the differences in theory that you and the other poster have on the situation.

o

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

lol, it's like we want to trade the one guy that we bitch and whine about never being able to have.  Either you keep a guy who's young, good, cheap and cost controlled because they are that way....or you trade them because they're young, cheap, cost controlled.  At some point you gotta make a decision to keep em.

And if anyone says "OMFG MOUNTCASTLE!!!! WHAT ABOUT MOUNTCASTLE AT FIRST!??!?!?!?!" Please, save it.  Just save it.  This board has long suffered from backup QB syndrome....the guys we have are never good enough and there's always someone waiting in the wings that COULD BE better.  

Mancini isn’t the player that would be my hill to die on. You think Mancini is the player the Orioles have always wanted to have? No wonder you’re of the opinion we shouldn’t trade him.

Machado is a player you keep around. Mancini is Mark Trumbo at 27.

20 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Mancini isn’t the player that would be my hill to die on. You think Mancini is the player the Orioles have always wanted to have? No wonder you’re of the opinion we shouldn’t trade him.

Machado is a player you keep around. Mancini is Mark Trumbo at 27.

I'm not saying you should die on a hill.  And I'm not saying Mancini is THE GUY to build around.  

But you think Mancini is Trumbo at 27, we'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.  If you look at what Trumbo did in his age 27 season vs what Mancini is doing this year, you'll see that it's not a valid comp.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would trade Mancini for a wow trade offer, but trading Mancini just to get younger reeks of Syd Thrift. 

I haven't seen a single person on this board advocate trading Mancini just to get younger.  If we can get a nice package back then a trade makes sense.  But we shouldn't be trading him from a position of unnecessary desperation which is what happened with the Gausman deal last year. 

If the package coming back is similar to what we got for Gausman, then I am against trading Mancini.  I think there will be some good offers if he's still at .850 + OPS in July.  

• Upvote 1

o

(vs. GIANTS, 6/02)

NUMBER 12

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

o

On 6/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, ChuckS said:

I haven't seen a single person on this board advocate trading Mancini just to get younger.  If we can get a nice package back then a trade makes sense.  But we shouldn't be trading him from a position of unnecessary desperation which is what happened with the Gausman deal last year. 

If the package coming back is similar to what we got for Gausman, then I am against trading Mancini.  I think there will be some good offers if he's still at .850 + OPS in July.  

Mancini is actually a good player playing well. Gausman was traded at pretty much rock bottom. The good news is is that he hasn’t improved much.

13 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

If the package coming back is similar to what we got for Gausman, then I am against trading Mancini.

What if it is less then we got for Gausman BUT the trade partner takes Davis and Trumbo in a salary dump and we get an often injured A+ player that is 25 Years of age??

Just now, thezeroes said:

What if it is less then we got for Gausman BUT the trade partner takes Davis and Trumbo in a salary dump and we get an often injured A+ player that is 25 Years of age??

I'll trade Mancini, Givens and Nunez if we can dump Trumbo and Davis both.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

How is that good news?

I don’t feel as bad about getting what I felt was less than what Gausman was worth. I thought that Gausman was going to leave and immediately turn it all around, like Arrieta, and make us look like fools.

We look like fools for a lot of reasons, but Gausman isn’t currently making me feel like trading him was one of them.

2 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I don’t feel as bad about getting what I felt was less than what Gausman was worth. I thought that Gausman was going to leave and immediately turn it all around, like Arrieta, and make us look like fools.

We look like fools for a lot of reasons, but Gausman isn’t currently making me feel like trading him was one of them.

Oh.  I was hoping he would do well.  Seems like a good kid.

o

(vs. RANGERS, 6/06)

NUMBER 13

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

o