MLB Draft Primer: The First Round

Luke-OH

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Hunter Bishop...

He has multiple confirmed 115 mph+ exit velocities this spring, something only a handful of MLB players have achieved. 

Wouldn't wood vs. aluminum be a part of this?  Still impressive, but just wondering.

Edit: Great work, obviously!  Love reading your perspectives.

I'll fifth the great work posts. Love this stuff. I will definitely go back and look at it after the first round+. 

I've stayed out of the draft talk, other than Rutschman, because it's such a black box for me. It's so hard for someone so removed like me to discuss these guys before they're in our organization.

#23 on Luke's list is a guy named Greg Jones. We drafted him a couple of years back, but couldn't get him signed. I know that happens a lot, but it's a shame. Good for him for continuing to develop and now having a shot to be a first round pick.

18 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

#23 on Luke's list is a guy named Greg Jones. We drafted him a couple of years back, but couldn't get him signed. I know that happens a lot, but it's a shame. Good for him for continuing to develop and now having a shot to be a first round pick.

Interesting, LU. Perhaps we grab him a 2nd time.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I didn’t really like him that much out HS, but he’s matured and the added strength has helped his bat big time. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I didn’t really like him that much out HS, but he’s matured and the added strength has helped his bat big time. 

That certainly happens. It's very hard to project High Schoolers. Hats off to those of you who can reliably do it. 

Archived