Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

5 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

He is a DH, like Mancini, and Smith Jr, and Nunez, and Mountcastle, and Sisco, and Trumbo if he ever plays again.

I'm still waiting on my dream of three plus defenders in the OF (be nice if we could at least have league average).

Sure hope the system under Elias starts turning out guys that can play a position well.

You have always underrated Stewart.     I’d prefer him in LF, but from reports I’ve seen he’s an upgrade to Smith or Mancini defensively.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

You have always underrated Stewart.     I’d prefer him in LF, but from reports I’ve seen he’s an upgrade to Smith or Mancini defensively.    

Same things I've read about him.   If he's even average it would would be a big upgrade to Smith and/or Mancini. 

From Orioles.com

Orioles #15 prospect

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 45 | Run: 45 | Arm: 40 | Field: 45 | Overall: 45

A good athlete despite his stocky build, he's a fringy defender at both outfielder corners, but profiles better in left field due to his below-average arm strength.

From this I would say the best thing about Stewart is his ability at the plate.  I don't expect a lot in the field.  I hope he is better than advertised.

Stewart is a left fielder. He can play in right, but any outfield value he would have is in left. 

Wildcard is right: Stewart's value is at the plate. 

I want to see him get a lot of playing time now and see if he can continue his success from Norfolk and from his brief stint last season. 

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Stewart is a left fielder. He can play in right, but any outfield value he would have is in left. 

Wildcard is right: Stewart's value is at the plate. 

I want to see him get a lot of playing time now and see if he can continue his success from Norfolk and from his brief stint last season. 

But even as a bar first guy he provides more value in the field than Mancini or Smith.

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

...I'll take what I can get.

Don't we all?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Fringy is better than bad.

Remember, cool is a rule but sometimes bad is bad.

A nice Huey Lewis and The News reference.  Didn't even have to look that one up, I've got Sports pretty much committed to memory.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don't we all?

A nice Huey Lewis and The News reference.  Didn't even have to look that one up, I've got Sports pretty much committed to memory.

Should have know better than to try and sneak one by you.

BTW I'm looking at an old thread, you want to relive what you said about DJ?