Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You have always underrated Stewart.     I’d prefer him in LF, but from reports I’ve seen he’s an upgrade to Smith or Mancini defensively.    

I don't know, how should I rate a COF prospect with below average speed/range and an arm that couldn't throw a hand grenade thru a pane glass window from 100 feet.

Another guy to get his ML chance with the 2019 O's but like Smith Jr. , Nunez, etc. he is not a ML regular.

Why do the O's have an entire system full of DH/1B types? That was the old incompetent regime right? I hope so.

1 minute ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

If he plays well through July, any chance they try to flip him for future prospect lottery tickets or is he "part of the future"?

I think that's what they're trying to evaluate before the "better" prospects get here. I think he has a chance to be a cheap piece for a few years if nothing else. He may end up being a trade piece, just not this year.

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I don't know, how should I rate a COF prospect with below average speed/range and an arm that couldn't throw a hand grenade thru a pane glass window from 100 feet.

Another guy to get his ML chance with the 2019 O's but like Smith Jr. , Nunez, etc. he is not a ML regular.

Why do the O's have an entire system full of DH/1B types? That was the old incompetent regime right? I hope so.

Would you say Villar has below average speed?

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

You know that per 150 professional games Stewart averages 21 steals, six caught, 3-4 triples, and nine outfield assists?  Doesn't sound like Sam Horn or Larry Sheets to me.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You know that per 150 professional games Stewart averages 21 steals, six caught, 3-4 triples, and nine outfield assists?  Doesn't sound like Sam Horn or Larry Sheets to me.

He was 41st out of 74 last season so I guess that makes him slow.

Or you know, pretty average.

Trey was 59th and Smith was 65th.