The Rubber Match (vs. TIGERS, 5/29)

OFFNY

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Should Broxton have caught that? Tough catch but he mistimed the jump.

Looked like he timed it perfectly, but ran out of room. May have grazed the tip of his glove.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Kline got away with one to Miguel Cabrera.  Then preceded to do the same to Dixon and it was crushed.  

To blunder twice, is not allowed in war

-Latin proverb

To blunder twice for the Orioles is a lot better than the team's average blunder rate.

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Let’s blame Hyde some more.  As I said it is a crap shoot with a bunch of crap guys to choose from, it doesn’t matter who pitches 7th, 8th, or 9th.  

Yes, lets. I don't think anyone would dispute that we don't have a great bullpen, but at least manage them with some intelligence. Givens should have never gone back out for the eighth.

9 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Overall, I'm not all that impressed with Hyde so far.

It’s tough to judge any manager on 1/3 of a season.  But so far, I find him to be far to prone to over managing and forcing the issue.  The best grade I can give him so far is incomplete.  While he has little to work with, you cannot have the worst record in baseball and blame it all on the players you have.  Especially when not every player you have is replacement level player or below.  

1 minute ago, jtm said:

It’s tough to judge any manager on 1/3 of a season.  But so far, I find him to be far to prone to over managing and forcing the issue.  The best grade I can give him so far is incomplete.  While he has little to work with, you cannot have the worst record in baseball and blame it all on the players you have.  Especially when not every player you have is replacement level player or below.  

I agree with that assessment of him. Hence why I said so far. He has little to work with, absolutely, but his style is what I am looking at more than anything.

Archived