vs. RANGERS, 6/04

OFFNY

3 hours ago, Philip said:

I haven’t seen Martin play in person, but I’ve seen him make a whole lot of really good plays. I don’t know which shortstop in our system is better than he is. Maybe in a couple seasons we’ll have other choices, But for now I am quite happy with Richie.

He has -0.9 WAR on the season.  Just about anyone is going to be better than him. If he played every game he might be worse than Davis was last year.  Luke said he wouldn't be able to hit in the majors before the Rule 5 draft.  Seems he is right.  

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

And more nachos.

Apparently the thing you need to make authentic nachos at home is sodium citrate (well, and a can of Rotel tomatoes). My wife bought a bulk supply of sodium citrate and made cheesy sauce once before deciding it was not healthy. So if any of y'all need some, PM me.

Man there sure are a lot of terrible pitchers in the majors this season.  The first half of last season we seemed to get a top notch pitcher almost every single game. This year we seem to be getting a pitcher with an ERA over 6 every single game. 

10 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Less than a month to go before my prediction about Davis is wrong.

If your prediction was he would hit under .150 by the all star break I wouldn't give up on your prediction yet. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Man there sure are a lot of terrible pitchers in the majors this season.  The first half of last season we seemed to get a top notch pitcher almost every single game. This year we seem to be getting a pitcher with an ERA over 6 every single game. 

Maybe the Orioles can spread the wealth so they can take on a guy in the 5 range.

Just now, atomic said:

If your prediction was he would hit under .150 by the all star break I wouldn't give up on your prediction yet. 

I’m sure that’s possible, but I was referring to him being an Oriole. If he sinks to .150 I like the odds.

Archived