August 3rd vs M's; going for the SWEEP!

Big Mac

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
X-rays taken on Jones' ankle today were inconclusive. The Orioles have scheduled a CT scan for tomorrow in Anaheim...Per Roch

http://masnsports.com/2008/08/updating-jones-and-tuesday-sta.html

Well that's not good. We can't survive too many games with Payton in CF, Cintron at SS and Ramon at C (although he wasn't there today). Even if Brian were literally perfect, those three would guarantee us of having the worst up the middle defense in the history of baseball.

Excellent. I was also thinking about the parsley and a touch of cilantro. Probably going to go with a chunk of french bread vs. saltines. I know this is blasphemy in the mid atlantic, but I'm not that keen on Old Bay. Never got into it. I'd be more prone to some paprika and a little celery salt.

By the way, you're right. Computers do what you tell them to, otherwise they'd do nothing.

Martha Stewart, everybody!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• My avatar agrees with this sentiment! (See @Frobby comment above) Also - Jordan Westburg is the straw that stirs that drink!
    • I was being conservative, but it looks like you may be right.  44,555 yesterday afternoon.  88,542 for the first two games.   Attendance passed the 1 mm mark yesterday, on the 38th home date.    
    • Came here to read about Bradish and wondering if I clicked wrong because the entire last page is about Cowser….
    • Really not worried about the pitching matchups. It’s about our lineup being able to string together good at bats and put up some crooked numbers.
    • These points are generally accurate, but I think the synthesis skews a bit negative. Overall, I am more positive on Cowser than I was coming in to the season. ·       Is he as good at defense as his OAA says? Probably not. However, he has been a lot better than expected and can likely be average or better in center field or plus in COF the next few years.  Combined with above average base running, this changes the hurdle on the offensive side to be an above-average regular. ·       I’m not sure it’s fair to just write off 40% of the season to date as a hot streak.  I think we would need to compare other players’ stats with their hottest month subtracted out. ·       Since May 1, his xwOBA has been .334. Overall, his xwOBA has been .349 (vs .330 wOBA). Yes, over a full season or more, wOBA tends to correlate to future wOBA equal or better than xwOBA does. However, in a half season or less, xwOBA has a stronger correlation to 2nd half wOBA than wOBA does. See here and here. ·       Cowser’s swing and miss will likely keep him from being elite, but I think he can still be very good.  Compare him to a player like Brent Rooker who has more swing and miss.
    • Especially it being in Texas this year.
    • “If he ain’t starting, he ain’t departing” ( one of my favorite all-time comments).  😇
  • Popular Contributors