August 4th @ LAA

Big Mac

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Here's a trivia question nobody is going to get unless you have Stathead: Gunnar Henderson is 2nd in modern Orioles history ('54-present) in OPS in a player's first 208 career games. Can you name the other five in the top six? If you need a hint or two, two are active, and none are in the Hall of Fame. Side note: there have only been 62 players who started their career with the Orioles and played at least the next 208 games with the team.
    • Wonder when we’ll see him again. I’m thinking it might be in 2025. If he comes up for expanded rosters, I don’t see him playing. Hopefully he can improve and be ready for his next chance in the show. 
    • I'm fine with 18" mitts if our guys get them too. What bothers me is no rule and then the mitts get longer and longer. Make it the same size for everyone and I'm good.
    • Yep. It'll take him about 1650ish games to get there. Not that I expect Gunnar to continue to post 6.9 WAR per 162, but for now he's almost 2 wins per full season ahead of Harper. Harper is still an interesting case, where he has two actual MVP awards, but only one year where he was a no-doubt MVP. And a lot of seasons with injury or under-performance. Six seasons of less than three wins. More valuable in '15 than in '16-18 combined. 2021 he was certainly good, but arguably not as good as Gunnar's '23. Or 5-6 other NL players from '21.
    • Gametime:  7:05 pm Forecast:   64 degrees, mostly sunny Promotion:  Autism Acceptance Night;   former Orioles' beatwriter and official scorer Jim Henneman is throwing out the first pitch Roster Move:  Jackson Holliday optioned to Norfolk;   Ryan McKenna recalled from Norfolk.   To make room for McKenna on the 40 man roster, Daniel Banuelos (who had been in Norfolk) is DFA'd. Matchup:   Ross Stripling (R) vs Corbin Burnes (R) Lineups   LF  Esteury Ruiz R 1B  Tyler Nevin R C   Shea Langeliers R DH  Brent Rooker R CF  JJ Bleday L 3B  Abraham Toro S SS  Darrell Hernaiz R RF  Lawrence Butler L 2B  Max Schuemann R   SS  Gunnar Henderson L C   Adley Rutschman S DH  Ryan O'Hearn L RF  Anthony Santander S 1B  Ryan Mountcastle R CF  Cedric Mullins L 2B  Jordan Westburg R LF  Colton Cowser L 3B  Ramon Urias R Orioles Bench Heston Kjerstad (L) Jorge Mateo (R) James McCann (R) Ryan McKenna (R)   Orioles Bullpen Available Keegan Akin (L)  0.2 IP, 15p Tuesday  Mike Baumann  (R)  0.1 IP, 19p Monday  Yennier Cano (R)  1.0 IP, 12p Wednesday;  1.2 IP, 21p Monday  Danny Coulombe (L) 0.2 IP, 11p Wednesday Craig Kimbrel  (R)  1.0 IP, 19p Wednesday;  1.0 IP, 23p Monday  Yohan Ramirez (R)  1.1 IP, 21p Tuesday Dillon Tate  (R)  1.20 IP, 14p Tuesday Jacob Webb (R)  1.0 IP, 12p Wednesday;  0.1 IP, 4p Monday;  0.2 IP, 19p Sunday    
    • I used to have a girlfriend as a teenager who always did this. She kept asking me what color her eyes were. She was testing me to see how much I knew  her whenever she was skeptical why/if I cared about her.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now