Chris Waters

steveox

Once Chris Waters makes a couple starts, some video starts piling up him, he will start to look really mortal I think. No one in the MLB has ever seen this guy before (except maybe in a AAA stint), but he's just out of the plastic wrap and I think thats the only thing keeping him afloat.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With how this team's rotation has fallen apart, if a guy is effective, you stick with him until he's not. I don't care about a track record or his radar gun numbers.

This is exactly right. I don't think any one is saying Waters should be a staple of the rotation for the next four years but currently we have two major leauge starters, we are in zero position to be pickey.

The way I look at it, every quality start we get out of this guy is pure gravy so why not let him roll till the league catches up with him.

(Edit: I just realized we're having this conversation 6 innings into his first major league start EVER, can we at least we for him to fail before we rag on him?)

This really is amazing...It is almost as if Waters is pitching for the Angels and facing the Orioles...Lefty, making his first start, with mediocre at best stuff against an overly aggressive, free swinging lineup who isn't working the count.

This is exactly what we have seen from the Orioles for the last several years.

I was thinking the same thing.

It is a nice breath of of fresh air seeing his fielding ability and quickness off the mound.

Don't give up on this kid, that's all I'm saying. Give him some more starts.

He obviously can't win with you. You probably would have said the same thing if he had gotten lit up for 8 ER in 4 innings...

Count me in as one those people who is completely happy with the outcome. I don't care about what his potential is, I don't care how horrible his stats show him to be. For today, he's doing it on the biggest stage in the baseball world, and I am not in the least bit concerned with anything beyond this start, at this time.

First of all, your reasoning for giving me neg rep is pretty pathetic....Secondly, it doesn't matter because you have no points anyway. Not that I care but doesn't take away from absurdity of it.

And lastly, i still would prefer to see the rotation be Guthrie, DCab, Olson, Penn and Bergesen, even despite this start.

Big picture.

I think it's a very good reason. If you're slagging off a guy's performance not because of his performance, but because you wanted to see somebody else as part of your agenda, that's not fair. And it's just contributing rubbish to the forum. Considering how effective his "batting practice" pitching had been to that point, I don't see any other reason why you'd be saying it. I even agree with you on most of the big picture stuff, but oh lordy do you need a new attitude. You have to agree it's funny what you said there compared to the results Waters has gotten tonight.

Archived