Chris Waters

steveox

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to bed before this morphs into a sht slinging fiasco...

...but I will leave you with this :

Chris Waters will get another start, ladies.

Book it!!!

I like him better than Burres so far. Throws strikes, not afraid to come inside, doesn't nibble.

Awesome, got Vlad off balance on the first pitch swinging.

Guy looks like he is throwing batting practice...He was pretty awful in AAA and that was in a hitters park.

If he gets more than this start, there is something wrong.

OK, I gave you neg rep when you first posted this because I felt like you were just saying it because you didn't want Waters up, and not because of the way he was pitching. Afterall, he'd thrown a scoreless 3 innings at the time, and showed a nice assortment of pitches.

But now I'm quoting this for a different reason. Just to laugh. I'm not going to say Waters is even going to make it through one more start, but come on, this is funny.

This really is amazing...It is almost as if Waters is pitching for the Angels and facing the Orioles...Lefty, making his first start, with mediocre at best stuff against an overly aggressive, free swinging lineup who isn't working the count.

This is exactly what we have seen from the Orioles for the last several years.

He has covered first on two straight plays in the sixth were pretty impressive. Also he has fielded the balls around him well. 1 start is nothing to get excited about as has already been made by SG. But you gotta love how he's handle the Angels!

Could we be seeing a CG SO????

By the way Viv jsut said Penn was supposed to be the starter tonight here. He gave AAA 5 innings & 0 runs.

OK, I gave you neg rep when you first posted this because I felt like you were just saying it because you didn't want Waters up, and not because of the way he was pitching. Afterall, he'd thrown a scoreless 3 innings at the time, and showed a nice assortment of pitches.

But now I'm quoting this for a different reason. Just to laugh. I'm not going to say Waters is even going to make it through one more start, but come on, this is funny.

By "batting practice" I think SG meant that his stuff isn't overpowering.

With how this team's rotation has fallen apart, if a guy is effective, you stick with him until he's not. I don't care about a track record or his radar gun numbers.

I think he's earned another start.

However, Penn needs to replace Sarfate immediately, IMO.

First of all, your reasoning for giving me neg rep is pretty pathetic....Secondly, it doesn't matter because you have no points anyway. Not that I care but doesn't take away from absurdity of it.

And lastly, i still would prefer to see the rotation be Guthrie, DCab, Olson, Penn and Bergesen, even despite this start.

Big picture.

Don't give up on this kid, that's all I'm saying. Give him some more starts.

He obviously can't win with you. You probably would have said the same thing if he had gotten lit up for 8 ER in 4 innings...

You are right...Its called consistency. Its called not overreacting to one start or a small sample size or something like that.

It is called looking at the player and his stats and figuring things out.

Archived