Bradford traded to Tampa Bay for player to be named later

Tony-OH

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just can't see the Orioles getting rid of Bradford for practically nothing when he's been our most stable bullpen arm. For a salary dump? For a measly $3.5 million next year?

Thats what I think as well; When you look at some of the other overpaid under-performers, Bradford was definitely not in this category.

Totally agree...However, i would think AM wouldn't have dumped him just for salary reasons...I would think he got something useful in return.

Agree with this. We don't have money issues and AM is not likely to deal someone who is helping the team without getting back someone who has a good chance to contribute either now or future. Wow if we got Brignac that would be SWEET. I think (read: hope) it's possible.

But Bradford has a lot more value than Javy did and he had multiple teams going after him in July..reportedly.

Remember what Conine fetched us a few years ago.

I think its going to be a useful player...maybe even Longoria! :D

I wasn't saying we were going to get an Adam Stern type player and I think he has more value than Javy too. What I am saying is that if the player is on TBs 40 man roster and didn't clear waivers then we will have to wait for the player to be named until after the season, a la Adam Stern. Look for a player on the 40 man roster to come down with a mysterious injury.

As much as I liked Bradford, I am glad to see him gone.

I'm going to give AM the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's getting something better than a 4th OF or an Adam Stern type prospect as the PTBNL. I doubt it's Brignac but I don't rule it out either. I don't think the O's were looking to dump Bradford. I think we get a real prospect back.

I wasn't trying to say we are getting an Adam Stern type player back, but that they will wait to announce the player cause he is on the 40 man roster of the other team and didn't make it through waivers. It's not Brignac, no way no how.

I just can't see the Orioles getting rid of Bradford for practically nothing when he's been our most stable bullpen arm. For a salary dump? For a measly $3.5 million next year?

But, if you feel you can replace him cheaper, why not? Maybe we might get a "C" level prospects with an upside, but those of you looking for Brignac or Hellickson type of guys are going to be sad when the player shows up.

Wow. It's going to stink to have to wait that long. Why can't they just announce it now? I never really understood this waiver stuff.

Because the player could be from a list of players and depending on how they perform from here on out, is the one they will receive.

Bartlett is the starter at SS. They seem pretty happy with him. Zobrist, yes I could see that and would be very happy, but neither Bartlett or Brignac for sure.

:agree:

Living in Tampa, I'd be shocked if they traded Bartlett. Not only is he the starter, but they have raved about how well he's played SS and how much he's helped their infield defense.

I think Zobrist is an interesting suggestion. He's a decent MI. Probably more of a AAAA/utility guy, but might be worth a shot.

Archived