25 DSL Orioles Prospects to Watch

ScGO's

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

Also, would adding young talent from Valenzuela through this trade be a way to help the club in anyway get a better footing there for our scouting operations?

I doubt that had anything to do with it.

The trade is about risk/reward, they took on more risk to get the upside they were seeking. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I doubt that had anything to do with it.

The trade is about risk/reward, they took on more risk to get the upside they were seeking. 

You think they chose them due to scouting or was it model pickups based on age and production?

5 hours ago, Spl51 said:

You think they chose them due to scouting or was it model pickups based on age and production?

Both. 

Elias strikes me as very process oriented and as he has noted several times, he is taking account of all available data when making these calls.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd look at scouting before production at that age.  Does the DSL have trackman?  I'm guessing they don't.

I guess they have a couple of million dollars to use toward the instillation of that equipment now.

8 hours ago, Spl51 said:

Models have very little reliability at such a low level, it’s like trying to model high school stats.

I think it’s mostly traditional scouting, maybe some trackman data thrown in. (Not sure the prevalence of trackman in the DSL, but I’m sure some teams have it.)

On 7/6/2019 at 1:07 AM, Frobby said:

Fantastic work!    Hector Lopez and Stiven Acevedo are the two players who interest me the most. Lopez was signed a couple of weeks after Elias arrived and I’m wondering if he’s an Elias guy or whether we were already working on him before Elias arrived.   

Add Joldanny Genao as a name to watch.  He isn't doing very well as he has an ERA of 7.71, but he's 16 years old RHP and was activated on July 10 ( I made the thread on July 5th).  Signed June 12th last month, he's 6'4'' 168. Couldn't find any scouting reports on him, but I noticed his age while checking box scores today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 10:06 PM, ScGO's said:

Add this kid to the list

James Rolle - 1B - BIG Lefty from the Bahamas, 17 years old. Batting .417 (5 games). 6ft 240 lbs.

Found this article

https://thenassauguardian.com/2019/05/02/big-game-james-rolle-signs-with-the-orioles/

I came here to highlight this guy, yes he's only playing first, but he is making consistent contact.  He will need to jump on the HR train if he want's to amount to anything but I won't be suprised to se him get a shot with GCL to see what he can do.

12 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Prado went 4-5 today. Averaging over .300 and OPSing over .800. Hasn't slowed down since moving over. Would love to get an actual report on this guy.

My man!  Ever since Elias mentioned his name and description, he's been my fave!  Elio!  I've liked him before @RZNJ for the record.  ?

2 hours ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

I came here to highlight this guy, yes he's only playing first, but he is making consistent contact.  He will need to jump on the HR train if he want's to amount to anything but I won't be suprised to se him get a shot with GCL to see what he can do.

Power is kind of rare in the DSL and the guys who are showing it in game aren’t always the best ones, a lot of time they are mature bodied guys who don’t project to anything. 

Archived