Chirs Davis per Mike Elias

Roll Tide

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I said sounds like, that's an opinion.  My evidence is my interpretation of his comments.

My opinion is that the Orioles win 100 games next year, if we're playing that game.

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Davis' performance the last three seasons. Plus Elias didn't exactly seem enthusiastic with his comments on Davis. Seemed more like he was resigned that Davis is going to be on the active roster for now.

Fair enough.

I get why you guys think this way but I can't imagine ownership thinks it's a good idea to keep him around.  Maybe Sig and his magic tricks are telling them that Davis can be salvaged.

6 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

That’s what I was afraid of hearing. However, on this team it hardly matters unless his spot on the active roster takes the place of someone who really deserves it.

As long as this club carries Martin and Wilkerson and Smith, there is certainly no urgency. 

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

My opinion is that the Orioles win 100 games next year, if we're playing that game.

Are you suggesting that you, or anyone else, wants to hear me further pontificate on how I don't think Elias has full freedom to act?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Are you suggesting that you, or anyone else, wants to hear me further pontificate on how I don't think Elias has full freedom to act?

Well there's no game tonight.  Preach it like you feel it. 

You start typing, I'm going to go get my tinfoil hat.

These people aren’t stupid. Lou went to Hopkins, John went to Duke. Dad’s money can only get them so far, they surely had at least minimal competence. If a couple 100 people on OH know what sunk cost means they do. It’s just a helluva lot harder when it’s $70M of your own money that you are just throwing away. Pretending that he might turn it around and be worth 1 or so WAR per year, justifying a few million of the investment per year, is probably easy to do when faced with the other option of just burning up numerous bags of money for nothing. It’s unfortunate but we just have to wait for them to give in. 

2 minutes ago, makoman said:

These people aren’t stupid. Lou went to Hopkins, John went to Duke. Dad’s money can only get them so far, they surely had at least minimal competence. If a couple 100 people on OH know what sunk cost means they do. It’s just a helluva lot harder when it’s $70M of your own money that you are just throwing away. Pretending that he might turn it around and be worth 1 or so WAR per year, justifying a few million of the investment per year, is probably easy to do when faced with the other option of just burning up numerous bags of money for nothing. It’s unfortunate but we just have to wait for them to give in. 

I'm not saying they are stupid but I'm also not a fan of pointing to the prestigious schools that the children of the extremely wealthy attended as evidence of their intelligence.

2 minutes ago, makoman said:

This is a good post.  But it is sunk cost at this point.  David provides negative value and has been for quite some time now.

He would provide more value if he were released, not on the team and allowing roster flexibility.  It sucks because I think Davis is a good dude and it's sad to see but that's what it is right now.

19 minutes ago, weams said:

As long as this club carries Martin and Wilkerson and Smith, there is certainly no urgency. 

I'm hoping Dwight Smith turns it around, I wonder if the concussion is having lingering effects.

Also, I believed Martin will hit! It may take this year and next year at AAA for himto be ready. But I believe that he will ultimately be good enough with the vat to be a starting SS.

Archived