vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 7/22

OFFNY

14 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Former Oriole Jonathan Schoop was part of a Triple Play turned by the Twins defense in their win over the Yankees tonight.

o

o

The triple play was almost a carbon copy of the Twins' last triple play, which occurred 11 years earlier against the Angels in 2008.

Image result for Twins Triple Play gif

The Twins Mirrored the Past Against the Angels with Their First Triple Play in 11 Years

(By Andrew Mearns)

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/twins-turn-first-triple-play-since-2006-against-angels/c-233886078

o

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The triple play was almost a carbon copy of the Twins' last triple play, which occurred 11 years earlier against the Angels in 2008.

Image result for Twins Triple Play gif

The Twins Mirrored the Past Against the Angels with Their First Triple Play in 11 Years

(By Andrew Mearns)

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/twins-turn-first-triple-play-since-2006-against-angels/c-233886078

o

I'll see your MLB TP and raise you a AAA Norfolk Tides!!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yep, 99% catch probability.   It wasn't even considered a 1-star catch.   He had 4.4 seconds to cover 44 feet. For anyone who would enjoy re-living the moment, here it is again: Baseball Savant Videos | baseballsavant.com (mlb.com)  
    • It may have as much to do with the UNC coaching too.  Meaning, the O's see gaps in the coaching but like the tools.  Maybe UNC was coaching "swing at strikes and hunt FB" where our approach with him might be "swing at pitches you do damage too".  Not saying that's what it is, but could be something like that. The path to success is improving hit tool/swing decisions. 
    • Jud Fabian comes to mind- great tools, great defense, can run well and lots of pop in the bat with 13 HR so far this year.  But K rate at 29% and hitting .233 as a 23 yr old in Double-A.  And I'm sure the O's have been working hard with him on his hitting....    
    • The college K% is mostly much lower than Honeycutt’s.  However, there are a few players with limited increases from final yr ncaa K% to MLB career K%. - Westburg +2.8% - Ryan Noda + 3.8%  - Bobby Dalbec +6.1% - Edouard Julien +6.3% This range would result in MLB K% of 30.2% to 33.7% for Honeycutt, which is lower than most of the players listed above, all of whom have more than enough offensive production that would result in Honeycutt being an above average player if replicated.
    • My greater point was we clearly do not Have the depth other successful organizations have. The Rays are now trading starters due to their depth at starting pitching. Johnson is in AA and is potentially a roster casualty in the off season. McDermott with his control is trending towards a bullpen arm. 
    • Yup. Think the main issue is nearly all ball clubs are able to sign pitchers for multi-year contracts except for Elias. You look around the league and rotations are made up of FA signings, players via trades, international signings, and draft picks. The O’s haven’t had the predictability of a FA starter year to year in quite some time. The rotation now is trade (Burnes), draft pick (Grayson), trade (Kremer), 1 year deal (Suarez), trade (Povich). And before he was hurt: Bradish (trade). Is trading for starting pitching sustainable? I don’t think so. When they were rebuilding it was, but they do need to hit on some international pitchers and get 1-2 FA pitchers on multi-year deals so you don’t keep trading your future away (I was really high on Showalter, btw). 
    • One thing to like about the floor for Honeycutt’s profile - he’s a righty hitter and true CF defender so he would fit well as a 4th OF. A higher bench floor than Bradfield as a righty in that sense. The Orioles are loaded with lefty outfielders. Obviously you want Honeycutt to be a 5+ WAR stud starting CF and that ceiling is why you make the pick, but if he never figures out how to handle righty sliders he could still be a solid bench platoon player/defensive replacement/pinch runner. IMO everything I see about Honeycutt just reads like a faster Jud Fabian who can steal bases and play better CF defense. And that’s ok, that’s not a reach at this pick even for people not high on Honeycutt. This draft is so weak, the Orioles probably took him around the equivalent of the pick that they took Fabian. CF is the only position the Orioles don’t have a clear core player for the next 5 years, especially if Cowser is going to be best suited for a corner as he loses some foot speed. I think the book is nearly closed on Fabian hitting his starting CF upside, but that complementary 4th OF outcome is still possible for him. Hopefully, at a minimum, for the long term one of Fabian or Honeycutt becomes the righty half of a CF platoon and Cowser/Bradfield/Etzel is the lefty half. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now