As the decade ends, the 2 players who played the most games...

SteveA

5 hours ago, LA2 said:

Important to remember that that is not all Nelson did. He knew how to adjust his swing to drive in runs when necessary.

Cruz had to sign a 1 year deal, to reestablish hisself, and it worked very well for him, middle age DH with a big 4 year contract.

Most/Some of us, felt at the time, years 1-2 would be productive and then he would drop rapidly.

Obviously, we was wrong, and at 39, he can still be productive.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cruz is having a monster season.  Obviously people are gonna call him a steroid guy but whatever.  He's been great.  

Top 5 OPSes at age 38, ever:

1. Bonds, 1.278, 2003
2. Williams, 1.257, 1957
3. Cobb, 1.066, 1925
4. Cruz, 1.034, 2019
5. Ruth, 1.023, 1933

Four inner circle HOFers (including one who was drinking straight plutonium), and a guy who signed a 1/8 deal with Dan Duquette.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Man I wanted us to resign Miller and Cruz that offseason. Different future if we did, though I still think the pitching probably collapses. Other people I wanted us to sign: Miguel Sano and Yoennis Cespedes.

If I ever own a team and am hiring a GM my first question is "Would you have signed Nelson Cruz to that deal after '14?"  If he answers yes I show him the door, unless he quickly notes that he was aware and okay with the fact Cruz had access to undetectable PEDs.