Rethinking Minor League Baseball

luismatos4prez

Yeah from a market standpoint I don't get removing Frederick.  Bowie and Aberdeen are equidistant from Baltimore, Aberdeen has a minor league team close to it in Wilmington.  I can see why they wouldn't want to get rid of Aberdeen or Norfolk though, its a tough call.  Aberdeen has the nicest player facilities and is newer, but is so close to Baltimore, I would think getting rid of it wouldn't impact the fan base there, so I'd say Aberdeen.  

On 12/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Frobby said:

If the premise is that major league teams are going to have at least one fewer affiliate, then which one to you cut?     

None of them necessarily have to be "cut," right? All of them could remain affiliates with MLB, but one could just be reaffiliated with a different team.

6 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

None of them necessarily have to be "cut," right? All of them could remain affiliates with MLB, but one could just be reaffiliated with a different team.

Correct, and there’s a decent argument for all of the O’s affiliates remaining affiliated with a major league team even if 42 teams are cut as proposed.    They all rank 85th or higher in attendance among all minor league affiliates.    

• Upvote 1