Orioles agree to terms with Matusz!!!

Tony-OH

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a storyline.... the O's and Matusz are about $200,000 apart... the Nats, feeling pinched for time because the signing of Matusz at $3.2 will set the bar for Crow and give them some leverage, offer to pay the additional $200,000 to the O's to get the deal done... just take it from our MASN money a sokesperson said.. :clap3::laughlol:

What do people think of the $3.2M bonus? So much for Crow's $4M demand... And where will he start? He seems more polished than Loewen, but it is going to take a while for me to be able to watch him pitch without immediately thinking of Loewen and holding my breath.

What do people think of the $3.2M bonus? So much for Crow's $4M demand... And where will he start? He seems more polished than Loewen, but it is going to take a while for me to be able to watch him pitch without immediately thinking of Loewen and holding my breath.

Promote Bergesen and start Matusz at AA the rest of the season!

Naw but seriously, I think he'll probably start at Aberdeen.

There are rumblings that the deal could be worth a grand total of $7M depending on how His career plays out.

He will probably go work out with Aberdeen to finish out the season and go to the AFL in the fall.

He is wicked more polished then Loewen; they shouldnt draw comparisons.

If we actually pull of Matusz, Bundy and Brady out of this draft O's fans ought to be ecstatic.

Even without Brady, have you been this optimistic after an O's draft for a long time? Obviously it's too early to see how good some of these guys are going to be but it seems like we've really dug deep to get the talent from lower down in the draft.

We've got genuine talent in the high and low minors for the first time in as long as I can remember! Now let's keep the conveyor belt running...

And in a related story, Brian Matusz will start for the Orioles Friday evening against the Detroit Tigers! :laughlol:

This really is great news. Get him a couple starts somewhere like Frederick or Delmarva (or even Aberdeen), and let him go into the offseason on a high note.

Promote Bergesen and start Matusz at AA the rest of the season!

Naw but seriously, I think he'll probably start at Aberdeen.

They will send him to Florida and let him workout at the Minor League Complex to get him ready for Arizona or Hawaii in the fall.

IMO.

I'm not sure I'd repeat Tillman. Especially after his recent starts.

Yeah, I agree. Put Tillman at Norfolk, Arrieta at Bowie, and, depending on how Matusz does for the remainder of the year (and whether he pitches or not) at Frederick or Bowie.

It wouldn't surprise me, however, to see them all at AAA to end the year (the biggest problem to this happening is whether or not they baby Matusz like they have with Weiters).

By OD 2010, they all 3 will be in AAA or on the O's.

The future is bright for the O's. We now have AT LEAST a top 10 farm system. When was the last time we could say that?

Archived