Kevin Brady will go to Clemson

Although today is all about good news with the signing of Brian Matusz, the Hangout learned that high school pitcher Kevin Brady has decided he wants to go to Clemson. You have to give credit to the Orioles, especially Joe Jordan and Dean Albany for giving Brady a great run.

In the end, Brady decided it was not about money, but the fact that he wanted to go to college and pitch for Clemson.

It's unfortunate for us as Orioles fans that he will not sign, but I will certainly wish him well and hope he has a great career at Clemson.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although today is all about good news with the signing of Brian Matusz, the Hangout learned that high school pitcher Kevin Brady has decided he wants to go to Clemson. You have to give credit to the Orioles, especially Joe Jordan and Dean Albany for giving Brady a great run.

In the end, Brady decided it was not about money, but the fact that he wanted to go to college and pitch for Clemson.

It's unfortunate for us as Orioles fans that he will not sign, but I will certainly wish him well and hope he has a great career at Clemson.

Thanks for the update, unfortunate that it is.

Thanks for the info. I am sure it was a tough decision but you can not fault him or the O's. They have had the guts to pick some of the tough to sign guys in the last couple of years. It was worth the gamble. Good Luck Kevin.

It is unfortunate but you can never fault a player wanting to go to college.

I hope the best for Brady. We can get him back in 3 years.

That's certainly a possibility. That's what happened with Mussina. The Birds drafted him out of high school and then after his junior year at Stanford.

I would guess Matusz, Bundy and Hoes (in that order) are now our most important players from this draft. Tony, would you agree?

It's hard to say so early, but I would say when it comes to upside, Matusz is the clear number one, Bundy is probably number two, and Avery and Hoes would be the next two on the list in either order.

Archived