vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/23

OFFNY

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Tie game.   Jesus this is torture.    Is there nobody else in the bullpen?   Armstrong has NOTHING tonight.   

Why not stick with Kline for two innings? We seem to have an awful lot of one-inning guys, none of whom can close.

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Why not stick with Kline for two innings? We seem to have an awful lot of one-inning guys, none of whom can close.

Can't even go through the lineup once: Castro, Fry, Givens, Kline, and, I presume, Armstrong: 5 pitchers, 5 innings. Only Phillips went two.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d blame Hyde, but what’s he supposed to do with this crew?

If Hyde is trying to see a lot of guys pitch in the remaining games, he's doing a good job.

If Hyde is trying to win games, he's doing about the worst job of managing a bullpen that I've ever seen. A plan that has Armstrong as the guy to pitch the ninth in a close game? Come on.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

If Hyde is trying to see a lot of guys pitch in the remaining games, he's doing a good job.

If Hyde is trying to win games, he's doing about the worst job of managing a bullpen that I've ever seen. A plan that has Armstrong as the guy to pitch the ninth in a close game? Come on.

But Armstrong had the 8,9,1 guys. He just sucked.