How long before Elias promotes the young starters at AAA?

wildcard

McKenna and Diaz spend all of 2020 in Norfolk. Mountcastle and Akin stay at least until the O's get an extra year. Hays should break with the team. Mountcastle I think shuffles between DH and 1B with Mancini because we have LF options in Stewart and Santander, and RF will probably be one of those two to start out the year. This thinking comes with me also thinking that Mancini or Nunez will most likely be traded. BP wise and SP wise outside of Akin, everyone from bowie in 2019 is probably going to sit there and develop unless they blow the door down. There's no reason to rush anyone up. We'll have some depth signed, but that's kinda it. 

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I meant if Mountcastle's defense is slightly worse than Mancini's defense in the 2020 season does it make a difference?

Not sure how you got pitching out of that.

It makes no difference at all.   Unless Mancini is traded, Mountcastle is at Norfolk.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Davis sits.  Marconi is DH, Mountcastle is at first.

Marconi is too busy with his radio invention to DH......lol.   Hard to see how that makes any real difference on the field in 2020 and it surely worsens any trade value for Mancini.  If I plan on Mountcastle just taking his position, then I pretty much have to trade Mancini now this winter.   And Davis won't just sit, imho.  

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Marconi is too busy with his radio invention to DH......lol.   Hard to see how that makes any real difference on the field in 2020 and it surely worsens any trade value for Mancini.  If I plan on Mountcastle just taking his position, then I pretty much have to trade Mancini now this winter.   And Davis won't just sit, imho.  

Because you have never been hit with autocorrect.

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

What do you do with Mancini if you bring up Mountcastle? And with Davis still on the team?

I think that unless Davis shows miraculous improvement after the offseason, he will be cut in the first half or his playing time will be cut in half.    They’ll find room for Mountcastle.

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What would you predict for each of them in 2020, as your mid-case?

Hays — I’ll go with .275/.325/.460.

Mountcastle — I’ll say .275/.315/.460.    

So combined, .275/.320/.460.    

I think Mountcastle will hit like Mancini in his rookie year.    293/338/488.826

Hays   280/340/460/800

48 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

McKenna and Diaz spend all of 2020 in Norfolk. Mountcastle and Akin stay at least until the O's get an extra year. Hays should break with the team. Mountcastle I think shuffles between DH and 1B with Mancini because we have LF options in Stewart and Santander, and RF will probably be one of those two to start out the year. This thinking comes with me also thinking that Mancini or Nunez will most likely be traded. BP wise and SP wise outside of Akin, everyone from bowie in 2019 is probably going to sit there and develop unless they blow the door down. There's no reason to rush anyone up. We'll have some depth signed, but that's kinda it. 

I think McKenna begin the season at AA.   

39 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

If Davis hits like he did last season he is not going to place much.   Defensively replacement at first and come in when the game is out of hand to rest other players. I doubt the cut Davis until to management thinks they are ready to contend.

Just now, wildcard said:

If Davis hits like he did last season he is not going to place much.   Defensively replacement at first and come in when the game is out of hand to rest other players.

His defense doesn't warrant him being inserted as a defensive replacement, especially if one thinks Mancini is at least average at first.  ?