Who will be the #11 and #12 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who will be the #11 and #12 prospects?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the #11 and #12 prospects?

• Akin and Kremer
    • Akin and McKenna
    • Kremer and Akin
    • Kremer and Rom
    • Rom and Akin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/19 at 13:16

30 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I went with Rom and Akin. Tony loves his upside, and Rom probably has the most of anyone left. Also, I don't think people should be as down on Akin as they are. He was likely working on stuff, and when you look at his league-adjusted numbers, he was one of the best pitchers in the IL.

Akin is a very good pitcher with some real stuff from the left side I've seen him a bazillion times and he certainly is better than David Hess and outperformed anything I ever saw from John Means at the minor league level .

Rom has that projectable body and is only 19 but he has miles to go before he even reaches Akin. He will need to get stronger and find three miles an hour somewhere. Tony was right on Josh Hader at this level as well. It is a shame that all that natural testosterone caused him such bad acne.  Don't discount that Rom might get big. And naturally also. 

Kremer was fine then he lost a mile or two that he desperately needed. He was pounded like he was Brian Matusz at AAA.

Akin is the one who will get a legitimate shot at the majors this season pretty much however he does based on what I heard Mike Elias say. 

McKenna is not in this discussion.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s Akin and Kremer, but I’m not sure of the order.    I went with that one.   I like the other choices, but they have more work to do IMO.

Kremer was four last year. 12 is far for him to drop with his results from last season. He did get spanked in Norfolk though. He looked fine again in the AFL and even pitched in the Fall Stars and championship games. 

Just now, weams said:

Kremer was four last year. 12 is far for him to drop with his results from last season. He did get spanked in Norfolk though. He looked fine again in the AFL and even pitched in the Fall Stars and championship games. 

I’m not overly worried about the spanking in Norfolk.   They’re using the major league ball there, and apart from the fact that it’s way more hitter friendly, the pitcher also has to adjust to the feel of it after using the minor league ball all summer.    I think Kremer will show in 2020 that he’s capable of making the adjustment.   But, I gave Akin the slight edge because he’s already pitched competently, though not spectacularly, at the AAA level.    

55 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm out of my free articles. 

“...diving into the data and time in the bullpen that allows Rom and the rest of the young arms under Shorebirds pitching coach Justin Ramsey to attack their weaknesses and accentuate their strengths while removing the guesswork. It involves plenty of new tactics, but starts with the unteachable traits, such as attitude and athleticism, that get a player this far in the first place.

...“His attitude the next day, it was good to see, especially when you talk about a younger guy.”

2 hours ago, weams said:

Kremer was fine then he lost a mile or two that he desperately needed. He was pounded like he was Brian Matusz at AAA.

I think Kremer/Rom.

ThIs comment really bugs me.    Here is what Tony said on August 11 after Kremer recovery from his injury.

Kremer looked like the guy we saw last year last night. Kremer worked 92-95 with a plus CB while working on his slider a bit more. The slider doesn't have a ton of tilt or depth, but he keeps it low and away to rights well but it won't be a good pitch against lefties. He threw only a couple of changeups but diod throw one on a 3-1 count for a strike. 

Here is what Luke said on August 5th:

According to Adam Pohl, his velocity has been coming back, hitting 94 with some frequency in his second most recent start. He was 88-92 mostly early after coming back from the oblique injury. He was mostly 91-94 last year. 

I will be very interested to read the Kremer writeup and learn what is really going on with Kremer.