So... if we DO trade Bundy, next man up is...?

Philip

Gosh our pitching is so bad.  Can anyone give me an update on any of our prospects?  Cody Sedlock, DL Hall, Grayson Rodriguez - are any of these guys close to being ready?  I apologize I'm out of the loop big time when it comes to minor leagues, I just know we've drafted a bunch of pitchers over the years and none of them have panned out.  Is Hunter Harvey still a thing? (a quick glance at his Wikipedia page shows he got credited with a win this year so that's cool I guess).

2 hours ago, Oriole4Life said:

Gosh our pitching is so bad.  Can anyone give me an update on any of our prospects?  Cody Sedlock, DL Hall, Grayson Rodriguez - are any of these guys close to being ready?  I apologize I'm out of the loop big time when it comes to minor leagues, I just know we've drafted a bunch of pitchers over the years and none of them have panned out.  Is Hunter Harvey still a thing? (a quick glance at his Wikipedia page shows he got credited with a win this year so that's cool I guess).

Sure ...Most of them had good 2019s, Grayson Rodriguez and DL Hall are top 100 guys.

Sedlock has been left off the 40 and exposed to the rule 5 along with Fenter (both in our teams top 30). Sedlock is probably a long shot to be taken due to not pitching past A ball. If he is selected it will probably rough to keep him all year. Not sure of the chances of Fenter being selected.

2019 was a good season for most of our top pitching prospects. But most were between Frederick and Bowie.

Its been mentioned that Akin and Kremer will challenge for spots on the big club this season as they are nearly ready.

Harvey had a resurgence in the Orioles pen this past season and looks like that is his future as well. He stayed healthy and had a pretty good season.

Here is a link for looking at prospects. Not everyone likes the source but I do.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=bal

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Oriole4Life said:

Tony and Luke went to a lot of trouble to bring us all up to speed on each of them  It's a great read and I suggest it. 

Right here it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob Zastryzny has to be in the mix too if Bundy departs.  Some notes I have on him in 2017 from his days in the Cubs organization

RHSwing Rob Zastryzny 6’3” 205 Lbs. (199203) [2013-02]  [2014 Cubs BA 20; 2015 Cubs BA 14; 2017 Cubs BA14] After getting shelled in 2015, 48/28 K/W with 0.310 BAA and 6.23 ERA in 60 AA IP, he rebounded in 2016 improving as the year went on posting a 42/20 K/W in 54 SL IP with 0.245 BAA and a more impressive 77/31 K/W in 81 AAA IP with 0.229 BAA; he finished the year in the majors.  Split time between the majors and AAA in 2017 missing two months with an injury.  AAA numbers: 40/14 K/W in 47 IP with 0.270 BAA and 5.94 ERA.  Ended season in majors getting hit hard; he finished with a 11/7 K/W in 13 IP with a 0.352 BAA and 2 HRA. 

The following was taken from MLB.com in 2018. 

MLB.com Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Cutter: 50 | Curveball: 40 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 45 | Overall: 45  A starter throughout his career since signing for $1.1 million as a second-rounder in 2013, Zastryzny got summoned to Chicago as a reliever last August. He posted a 1.13 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 16 innings and earned a spot on the National League Championship Series roster, though he was left out of the World Series to make room for Kyle Schwarber. The key to his success in 2016 was coming up with a cutter that kept hitters from sitting on his fastball.  Zastryzny lacks a plus pitch, and while his fastball and changeup can be solid offerings, they also lack consistency. He throws both two- and four-seam fastballs, ranging from 87-95 mph and sitting around 90. In the big leagues, he mostly abandoned his changeup in favor of his cutter, which generates groundouts, and his curveball, which lacks depth but had surprising success in a small sample size.   Zastryzny's crossfire delivery gives him deception and is tough on left-handers, but it also hurts his control and command. He could wind up as a back-of-the-rotation starter or a middle reliever, filling whatever role the Cubs need a lefty in just like Travis Wood did for five seasons before departing as a free agent. A lat strain cost him most of May and June this year, however. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Rob Zastryzny has to be in the mix too if Bundy departs.  Some notes I have on him in 2017 from his days in the Cubs organization

RHSwing Rob Zastryzny 6’3” 205 Lbs. (199203) [2013-02]  [2014 Cubs BA 20; 2015 Cubs BA 14; 2017 Cubs BA14] After getting shelled in 2015, 48/28 K/W with 0.310 BAA and 6.23 ERA in 60 AA IP, he rebounded in 2016 improving as the year went on posting a 42/20 K/W in 54 SL IP with 0.245 BAA and a more impressive 77/31 K/W in 81 AAA IP with 0.229 BAA; he finished the year in the majors.  Split time between the majors and AAA in 2017 missing two months with an injury.  AAA numbers: 40/14 K/W in 47 IP with 0.270 BAA and 5.94 ERA.  Ended season in majors getting hit hard; he finished with a 11/7 K/W in 13 IP with a 0.352 BAA and 2 HRA. 

The following was taken from MLB.com in 2018. 

MLB.com Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Cutter: 50 | Curveball: 40 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 45 | Overall: 45  A starter throughout his career since signing for $1.1 million as a second-rounder in 2013, Zastryzny got summoned to Chicago as a reliever last August. He posted a 1.13 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 16 innings and earned a spot on the National League Championship Series roster, though he was left out of the World Series to make room for Kyle Schwarber. The key to his success in 2016 was coming up with a cutter that kept hitters from sitting on his fastball.  Zastryzny lacks a plus pitch, and while his fastball and changeup can be solid offerings, they also lack consistency. He throws both two- and four-seam fastballs, ranging from 87-95 mph and sitting around 90. In the big leagues, he mostly abandoned his changeup in favor of his cutter, which generates groundouts, and his curveball, which lacks depth but had surprising success in a small sample size.   Zastryzny's crossfire delivery gives him deception and is tough on left-handers, but it also hurts his control and command. He could wind up as a back-of-the-rotation starter or a middle reliever, filling whatever role the Cubs need a lefty in just like Travis Wood did for five seasons before departing as a free agent. A lat strain cost him most of May and June this year, however. 

He had a pretty awful year in the PCL 6.49 ERA. But he hasn't gotten more than a few innings in 3 years at the MLB level. So if you think he's a change of scenery guy then maybe.

10 hours ago, ScGO's said:

1. Means

2. Cobb

3. Wojo

4. FA (cheap MLB or milb FA)

5. Rule 5/Waiver Claim/Opener

Why waste any resources on a team that will be projected to lose 110?  

Maybe we want to make sure we have the #1 pick in the 2021 draft. Is there a once in a generation talent coming out?  Kumar Rocker, SP Vanderbilt?  Is he our “Strasburg”?