Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

There was a piece the other day, apologize I forget the source but think it was The Athletic, that said O's are shouting low minors (A-) for trade partners. Similar to the 2 DSL guys we got for Cashner and Villar. Wouldn't surprise me if the other 3 arms from LAA aren't very young. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wayyyyy more than I would have expected. You crazy.

When I see four names and the one name mentioned is a 24 year old minor league bullpen arm I'm expecting the other three to be organizational depth pieces.

If it was two names I'd have some hope that the other name might become something at the ML level.

You following my thinking?

• Upvote 2

This rebuild is all a numbers game. Save money while trying to hit on a couple of lottery tickets. Some lottery tickets have a better chance at being winners than others but you can't win if you don't play. O's are trying to get as many lottery tickets as possible, hope a couple become studs, then use saved money to add good free agents to a young team when that time comes. Simple idea, I'm so glad Orioles are actually trading players and not just sitting back and doing nothing.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

When I see four names and the one name mentioned is a 24 year old minor league bullpen arm I'm expecting the other three to be organizational depth pieces.

If it was two names I'd have some hope that the other name might become something at the ML level.

Apparently the others that haven't been named yet are because they haven't been contacted.   Is there some metric you are aware of that says that the worse prospects tend to be harder to reach by cell phone?     Seems to me if anything the reverse might be true.   ;)

• Haha 1