Will Cobb pitch well enough to be traded in July 2020?

wildcard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This guy pitched three no-hit innings against the O's back in April.
    • O'Hearn blatantly disregards the need to run up the starter's pitch count and lines a base hit on the first pitch.
    • I absolutely would not pay a price that includes Mayo and Basallo. Where are the instances recently as it relates to trades where a team gave up two top 15ish position player prospects for any pitcher? I bet they are very rare, and even less rare with pitcher injury rates being what they are. I get that the Tigers can play hard ball and don't "have" to trade Skubal. But I also know that is a risk for them in that he could get hurt and then have no trade value between no and next deadline. IMO the Tigers are not going anywhere with or without Skubal for the next few seasons. They simply don't have the position player talent/offense to be a serious contender. And there best prospects (while admittedly very good) are all in single A. That's why I don't think that Kjerstad holds much appeal for them. Because he doesn't really match their competitive timeline. I don't think any team would pay that kind of price for Skubal. IMO only the Phillies are in a position to offer that sort of package. Maybe Seattle? But neither of those teams need pitching. The Phillies are absolutely loaded as is in the pitching department. And Seattle does have enough offense to seriously challenge. Having said all that, I would certainly seriously consider surrendering one of Mayo/Basallo. But it would have to be in a type of deal like this where I get back a difference making starter who is cost controlled for more than one year. And yes to McDermott (absolutely). Now DeLeon is interesting in that he may have some serious upside. But if you believe in your International/Dominican academy/program, then you have to trust that you can find/farm more young/high upside arms like him.
    • Santander gets his first Coliseum homer in his last game there, wrapping one around the foul pole.  
    • I started yesterdays and that didn’t go well.  
    • Nobody’s started this?     For the Orioles Gunnar Henderson SS Adley Rutschman C Anthony Santander RF Ryan O’Hearn 1B Jordan Westburg 2B Heston Kjerstad LF Ryan Mountcastle DH Cedric Mullins CF Ramón Urías 3B Grayson Rodriguez RHP For the Athletics JJ Bleday CF Miguel Andujar LF Brent Rooker DH Tyler Soderstrom 1B Shea Langeliers C Zack Gelof 2B Lawrence Butler RF Brett Harris 3B Max Schuemann SS Mitch Spence RHP
    • I think those two would be fine in order to get us through the regular season. My concern recently is at least one time through the rotation the last 4 times, we have had at least one blow up start thus taxing our bullpen. Those two would be fine in order to provide a much higher floor than some of our last three starters. However, I don't really think either does that much for us when the leaves change and the calender turns to October. If we are in an elimination game and either is on the mound against one of Seattle's starters, I think they would have the advantage. (Not that Seattle is a shoo-in for the playoffs.) But Philly and the Dodgers are most likely to get to the Series (which of course is no guarantee). And if we were to face either one, I don't like our chances against their top 3 with Fedde and/or Severino on the mound. Plus, I think we need protection at the top of the rotation in the instance that Burnes is to leave after this season. I'm not sure Grayson plus the rest of the non-Burnes guys that we have is even a rotation that qualifies for a playoff birth let alone wins a World Series. A lot of posters are clinging to our the stat that points to our team ERA being 5th in MLB. But if you like at how much it spiked in June and how high it is so far in July, it is clear that it is really going in the wrong direction.
  • Popular Contributors