Chris Davis, 2020

Frobby

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I am surprised no one has commented on gaining 25 pounds in  about 4 months.  It is almost impossible to gain that much muscle without help.  Especially for someone who has worked out their entire life.  

I found it a lot easier to build muscle mass at 34 then I did as a younger man.

My guess is that it's not all good weight.

27 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I am surprised no one has commented on gaining 25 pounds in  about 4 months.  It is almost impossible to gain that much muscle without help.  Especially for someone who has worked out their entire life.  

I could easily gain 25 pounds in 4 months if I put my mind to it.

Oh, you said MUSCLE.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

He has already made $120+ Million, they have generational wealth. Do you think his wife has her eye on a private island? I'm sure she just wants her husband to be happy.

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

Especially when that work is sitting on the bench and staying in four star hotels. 

24 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

?‍♂️ Life is short and they likely already have more money than they know what to do with. I wouldn't want to spend six months a year for three years being miserable and away from my family if it had zero impact on my ability to provide for my family and didn't provide me real tangible benefits down the road. I could see Chris preferring to watch his daughters grow up and going fishing. Negotiating a buyout and walking away from some of that money could be a totally rational decision.

41 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

GOD I'm glad I don't have one of those!

30 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

?‍♂️ Life is short and they likely already have more money than they know what to do with. I wouldn't want to spend six months a year for three years being miserable and away from my family if it had zero impact on my ability to provide for my family and didn't provide me real tangible benefits down the road. I could see Chris preferring to watch his daughters grow up and going fishing. Negotiating a buyout and walking away from some of that money could be a totally rational decision.

According to the MASN article he discussed quitting with his wife. And if he struggles again will do so again later this season. That doesn’t sound like his wife wouldn’t be on board with the decision. You make some really good points and Davis has already made plenty of money. IMO, there also is the element of pride! 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't even had him fielding grounders today.

:noidea: He's not going to be released this ST. He WILL get innings this year. He has to be in playing shape. He has to be in playing trim, get sharp.

Not just to you Corn, but to everyone... Do you REALLY think Elias and Hyde are going "bench him for the first two months til he retires?" DEFY their bosses, the Bros? What a ridiculously naive idea!:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, AuburnAL said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/orioles-chris-davis-considered-walking-away-from-baseball-after-2019-season/

"Right now I want to be an everyday player," Davis told Trezza. "I consider myself an everyday player and I think it's the case until its proven otherwise."

I genuinely don't understand why people like this guy or feel sorry for him at this point.  His best moments were a long time ago and he's got Derek Bell-like levels of arrogance and entitlement.

4 hours ago, scOtt said:

:noidea: He's not going to be released this ST. He WILL get innings this year. He has to be in playing shape. He has to be in playing trim, get sharp.

Not just to you Corn, but to everyone... Do you REALLY think Elias and Hyde are going "bench him for the first two months til he retires?" DEFY their bosses, the Bros? What a ridiculously naive idea!:rolleyes:

If he’s being honest in the interview another bad start will finish him up.

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

I didn't say that I expect them to do it.  I'd take him on every road trip and then not play him.

20 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

I really do not remember that many fly balls "dying on the warning track."  I remember a lot of swinging and looking strike outs.  Which adding 25 pounds of weight won't help avoid.  

Right, but it might help him break a bat over his leg in frustration after one of those strike outs.

?