Maryland vs. Nebraska

ArtVanDelay

MD not shooting well at all so far. Marial continues to look overmatched and does not look like a DIV-I basketball player besides pure height. 

Nebreska is awful but Terps keeping them close with disorganized, bored play. 

Typical first half for this Terps squad through first 12 minutes.

This is one of those games when you question the coaches ability to get his team to focus against a sub par team. The Terps slept walked through the first half but still were up 13 points only to come out in the second half and look totally and utterly disinterested in playing. 

Turgeon took a timeout after a particularly brutal stretch that has allowed this awful Nebreska team to cut the lead to 7. Let's see if he's able to get through during this TO because this is exactly why you look at the upper decks and see no one in the seats. This should be a laugher yet here they are with 15 to go only up by 7.

Wow, just wow.

Just absolutely unbelievable how long Turgoen allows his team look like a bunch of uninterested zombies before calling a time out.

This is an absolutely embarrassing performance by this squad for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They're home, they're playing an awful team, but Turgeon can't find one player who looks like he cares. 

Lol, what an awful win. Just a totally Turgeon squad zombie effort. How does a team with aspirations of winning the Big-10 play come out play that dis-interested? 

Really unfathomable to know what is at stake and then come out and play like the way they did. This is exactly why you can never, ever trust a Turgeon squad. They always have the possibility of playing just a turd of game while looking disinterested.

It's so fitting that this gave Turgeon his 200th win and 20th of the season. This is exactly how his teams play at times. He can't motivate or coach late in games.

BTW, it appeared that Stix was worn out in this game despite his good numbers, and I'm very concerned he is starting to wear out with all of the minutes he has to play because of no big court depth.

Really a weird team. They have a chance to win the Big-10, but I don't feel good about them in the tourney at all. Sometimes this team looks like it could beat anyone then others like tonight they just look disinterested.

Just a lack of focus and motivation that made this game way too close. Don't give me this "every game is tough in the Big-10 crap". This was an awful effort which is my bigger problem. 

Tremendous shooting in the second half. Really have to credit Nebraska, this game shouldn't have been close. Tony, agree with you on Turgeon, but sometimes you just have to credit the other team. We do need to work in Lindo, depth keeps shrinking as it does every year.

If we play like this on Saturday night, we’ll lose by 40.

Hopefully we can get to 15-5 in Big Ten play.  That should get us the conference title, and maybe an outside shot at a 1 seed if we also win the BIG Tourney?  Hard to trust this team though.  Where is Wiggins?  What an awful year for him.

17 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, what an awful win. Just a totally Turgeon squad zombie effort. How does a team with aspirations of winning the Big-10 play come out play that dis-interested? 

Really unfathomable to know what is at stake and then come out and play like the way they did. This is exactly why you can never, ever trust a Turgeon squad. They always have the possibility of playing just a turd of game while looking disinterested.

Really a weird team. They have a chance to win the Big-10, but I don't feel good about them in the tourney at all. Sometimes this team looks like it could beat anyone then others like tonight they just look disinterested.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me.  Before Turgeon and for the decade I've been following Terps football, Terps just tend to show up for games that matter and play down to the level of their opponents for games that don't.  Wouldn't be surprised if this was a W in the minds of all these kids after Friday's performance.