Chance Sisco 2020

Frobby

From Roch:

Chance Sisco is making some adjustments to his swing in the cage as part of his batting practice sessions.

“There are swing adjustments there, something I saw a couple days ago that we’re really happy with,” Hyde said. “I know he’s in a good place mentally with his swing and there are a lot of things that he’s working on and it sounds like he’s making big progress.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/hyde-on-mountcastle-martin-sisco-conine-and-more.html

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I wonder what type of adjustments he made (physically or mentally), but look forward to seeing how it works.

It is interesting to read about so many players making swing adjustments for the Orioles now. I wonder if that is new for such a large amount of players to do that from one team?

I'm wondering if he started these adjustments in the offseason or when camp opened?

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From Roch:

Chance Sisco is making some adjustments to his swing in the cage as part of his batting practice sessions.

“There are swing adjustments there, something I saw a couple days ago that we’re really happy with,” Hyde said. “I know he’s in a good place mentally with his swing and there are a lot of things that he’s working on and it sounds like he’s making big progress.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/hyde-on-mountcastle-martin-sisco-conine-and-more.html

Meanwhile....the glove?

Sisco, who turns 25 next week, underwent intensive sessions with hitting instructor Craig Wallenbrock, with particular emphasis on his lower body.

“Just to put it in simple terms, I’m trying to load correctly, trying to stay more in my legs than I have been in the past couple years,” Sisco said after today’s second full-squad workout

“Kind of getting back to what I was doing in the minor leagues in ‘16 and ‘17, but better direction. Those years I was using my legs well, but my direction was a little off and it’s taken me a little while, a little too long, to figure out how to do it correctly. But I think I’m at that point right now.”

Wallenbrock is known as a hitting guru who’s regarded as a pioneer in some new-age hitting concepts. J.D. Martinez is counted among the pupils at his facility.

“They pointed out a couple things that I was doing improperly with the load,” Sisco said. “That’s where it started.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/sisco-on-revamped-hitting-approach-conine-on-new-role-with-orioles.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

If he can't hit - and so far in the big leagues he can't - then any glove problems don't really matter.  I haven't fully given up on him but he has a lot to prove.

I agree, he hasn’t proven anything, however there is always a job for an excellent defensive catcher. Catchers who can’t hit are typical.

But catchers who can’t defend or hit go to plumbing school.

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

I agree, he hasn’t proven anything, however there is always a job for an excellent defensive catcher. Catchers who can’t hit are typical.

But catchers who can’t defend or hit go to plumbing school.

Sure, I agree with all that, but Sisco's never going to be an excellent defensive catcher.  His calling card is going to be his hitting.  Honestly if I were him that's where I'd put most of my efforts and focus, and it sounds like that's what he's done.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

From the quote Interloper posted, seems to be during the off season. 

Yes, and I’m pretty sure that Orioles management suggested it.    I recall reading something about that early in the offseason.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Yes, and I’m pretty sure that Orioles management suggested it.    I recall reading something about that early in the offseason.   

I wonder if they gave that advice to a lot of players, since there seems to be a lot of quotes on different adjustments (both hitters and pitchers.)