Markakis on Astros: "Every Single Guy Needs a Beating"

Aristotelian

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Brawls in spring training could be good.  The Orioles won’t be involved in the drama that’s for sure.  No one from the team seems concerned.  

Yea, maybe someone can get hurt, that'd be a hoot.

Maybe some kid can get a career ended injury when he was on the cusp of the majors.

Wouldn't that be "interesting"?

Throwing at guys is dumb and dangerous.  Charging the mound is dumb and dangerous.  Brawling is dumb and dangerous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Brawls in spring training could be good.  The Orioles won’t be involved in the drama that’s for sure.  No one from the team seems concerned.  

Recent meeting with Rob Manfred notwithstanding, I suspect several Orioles execs would prefer their Astros DNA be forgotten for a while.

I disagree with the notion of brawling as good.  I think calm solidarity from all the players demanding further action from the Commisisoner's office would be a lot more constructive.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, maybe someone can get hurt, that'd be a hoot.

Maybe some kid can get a career ended injury when he was on the cusp of the majors.

Wouldn't that be "interesting"?

Throwing at guys is dumb and dangerous.  Charging the mound is dumb and dangerous.  Brawling is dumb and dangerous.

How many players in the history of the MLB have had career injuries from brawls.  I have been to plenty of hockey games over the years and have seen a ton of fights from huge guys.  Guys like Chris Simon and Craig Berube were on the capitals at the same time and I never remember them giving anyone a career injury.  Two guys I wouldn’t want to get in a fight with.  

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

First name that comes to my mind is Brien Taylor.  He hurt his shoulder in a brawl and was never the same.  Former #1 pick overall.

Hard to believe in this day and age someone is advocating for physical violence in the workplace.

That was not in a baseball brawl.