Broadcasting changes

eddie83

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Right.   I speculated that with the two new hires from A ball, one might be hosting the postgame with Demper since it appears Davis isn't anymore, and one might be a sideline reporter.   But nothing has been announced there.   I even made sure to put my speculation in a followup post rather than the initial post where i linked the article and listed the facts.  (Which woundup getting merged with a thread eddie started while I was composing my  messaage).

I was gonna say earlier, you can't put the woman working with Dempsey...

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The worst thing to come out of today is now Jason La Canfora is going to cohost the 2pm to 6pm show on 105.7 The Fan with Ken Weinman. Not a fan of him in the slightest. 

And La Canfora was a Red Sox fan before becoming the world’s most obnoxious Orioles fan in 2012.

Who at the Fan thinks putting JLC on during drive time is a good idea. I don’t hate Weinman, but he needs someone to balance him out, not rant right back at him. 

11 hours ago, howboutthoseos said:

Man, growing up with Jon Miller and then having Joe Angel for the better part of two decades, this is just so all over the place.  A single golden voice builds a bond with the fan base.

I loved Jon Miller on the radio.  But I still remember Chuck Thompson being the very best.  As for Thorne on tv, I just can't listen to him.  Probably due to his time as a hockey pbp and his HATRED of all things Caps.  Loved Mel Proctor/John Lowenstein on HTS, especially as Brother Low got more and more sauced as the game wore on.  "Babooshka" as a home run call, through a slurred speech ... Mel Proctor stifling his laughter.  What do you call a pretty woman in Cleveland?  A tourist.  They made the games fun.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Philip said:

I am disappointed that Kevin Brown will be back, he is terrible. What he says is not interesting,  the way he says it is not interesting and his voice is not interesting. When you’re on the radio, you’re a storyteller, and you have to have an engaging voice, which he does not have and you have to describe events in an interesting way, which he does not do.

I liked Brown

• Upvote 2

This is the best offseason news for me. I cannot stand Jim Hunter one iota. Not on tv, not on radio, not at all. He strikes me as a complete phony. I understand he’s just doing his job, but he grew up a dang Yankees fan! His Goodship Lollipop spin on everything has gotten so tiresome over the years. My mute button will finally get a rest this summer. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chuck A said:

I loved Jon Miller on the radio.  But I still remember Chuck Thompson being the very best.  As for Thorne on tv, I just can't listen to him.  Probably due to his time as a hockey pbp and his HATRED of all things Caps.  Loved Mel Proctor/John Lowenstein on HTS, especially as Brother Low got more and more sauced as the game wore on.  "Babooshka" as a home run call, through a slurred speech ... Mel Proctor stifling his laughter.  What do you call a pretty woman in Cleveland?  A tourist.  They made the games fun.

And Bill O'Donnell.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I noticed that they weren't clear on the roles for the new people.  That's probably intentional so they can move people around as they see fit.

I am sure Melanie Newman knows her stuff.  You don't get promoted to being on ML coverage for a team if you don't.  

That said, I hope she's not doing the play by play.  

Probably therapy for going through a 162 game schedule broadcasting for this team. Playing on a bad team is one thing, watching and announcing is even worse IMO.